16' Series hot water tap

brian wenham

Sep 3, 2014
encounter bay sa
hi im looking at installing a hot water tap, the model is a hey presto flick master tap for $299 . my question is has anyone ever installed one of these, are they as good as they sound . any input welcome waiting to hear feedback thanks in advance.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Just had a look at the web site.
How hot can it possibly get ?
I'd look and try it out first before spending that much on the product

brian wenham

Sep 3, 2014
encounter bay sa
this is just one option i really want an overall thought on any brands as i had never heard of these taps , are they worth having , do they heat up enough,can they work off of 12 volt. or is it better to just boil the kettle

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
@brian wenham, I had a look at the product as well.

A couple of comments, it uses a standard 10A power lead, so has a maximum power of 2400 watts (no technical specs appear on their web site). I'd be interested to see what sort of flow vs temperature is achieved.

It looks like a good idea, but like @mfexpanda I'd like to see it working before parting with the $$$

brian wenham

Sep 3, 2014
encounter bay sa
thanks bellbirdweb i will certainly be looking into it further ,but was trying to get feedback from anyone that has used them as i didnt know nothing about them until the other day .they seem to be a better idea than installing a hot water service of any type.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Had a look too.
I like the theory but have concerns as mentioned above. I also notice it takes 10 seconds to start getting hot. That seems like a lot of wasted water (assuming you would run tap for the full 10 seconds?)
But hey, maybe you should get one so we can all see how it works!
Good luck and let us know what you decide.