Home for new toy

Grano n play

Apr 18, 2013
Perth W.A
decided a couple of weeks ago to rip up front yard, to make a home for new toy arriving next month, and am also putting 15 amp plug in meter box. Wondering if any one knows the law on parking vans on front verge, as I was told even though tow ball will be behind boundary line ,it is still illegal. Not that I care , we live in cul de sac so it's not an issue.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 544
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 515

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
decided a couple of weeks ago to rip up front yard, to make a home for new toy arriving next month, and am also putting 15 amp plug in meter box. Wondering if any one knows the law on parking vans on front verge, as I was told even though tow ball will be behind boundary line ,it is still illegal. Not that I care , we live in cul de sac so it's not an issue.

Looks good, much better than my bit of dirt that min gets parked on.

Re the law of parking of the van in the front yard, I think that it is an individual council regulation. Maybe just ask the council and find out.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Mine lives on my front lawn. Neighbour likewise with his van, (but he wasnt allowed to add an extra crossover to make drive thru site). Council also reckoned our vans caused some subsidence in crossover footpath joins. We politely pointed out that EVERY crossover in the street was the same, including all the houses without caravans and a more obvious cause was DODGEY council concreting. Never heard any more!

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Yep I agree totally an individual council thing, as long as it's totally within your boundary and not blocking public walk ways etc, it should be fine. I know with my previous address I checked with the council as it had to be parked in front yard, I mainly checked so I had some ammunition if the P-I-A neighbour had something to say.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/expanda-security.1018/

check out this thread, interesting read and l dont meant to scare or put hard luck on anyone, though thieves are savvy now with google earth images, scouring the internet and so on.

oh, did the dog do the concrete?

welcome to the forum. cheers pace.

Grano n play

Apr 18, 2013
Perth W.A
Yes it is fake lawn ,memen ,one less job I have to do every 2 weeks, vacuumings the only maintenance it needs and I don't know how to use those. So that jobs been handballed. And I actually did the concrete, not the dog, perks of my trade.

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
I thought if it was parked on your property it was all ok. I think councils tend to get a bit funny if they find out people are living in them on the property. We had one lot of neighbours in our last house that had one in their carport. Council were always onto them for illegal dwelling which is not approved by council.