Home away from home - Starcraft 20.62-3OB

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
Well its been a long time in the process but we have put a deposit down on a Starcraft 20.62-3 OB with the folding bunks.
We don't like waiting so purchased one that they have for the Brisbane show, just can't get it until after the show which suits us fine.

Options are limited as the van is already in stock but are:
Coleman air con
Roll out awning
RM2553 150lt fridge (the above 3 are al std I believe now)
CD player and internal spkrs
wind up TV antenna and TV brkt
Gas bayonet
All seasons Kakadu walls.

There is a big story behind the purchase but basically I work out west, fly in Monday and fly out Friday and spend the week in motels.
The cunning plan is to live in the caravan during the week which is where this model suits me. I can fold the bunks up and have storage for a bike and other crap and at the end of the week I shut the door and all is secure and insured.
Come holiday time I will drive out and tow it home and we have a family van to enjoy.

We are keeping our camper trailer for weekends away and trips which suit the camper trailer more (eg Fraser island soon).

So as much as we hate waiting, we have about a month before we get it, will have a weekend down the coast and then end of June no more motels.
Now to create my mod wish list.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hey congrats mate, I thought as much after I read your post last night, sounds great...enjoy!

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
It has the double bunks and we got the fold up ones....that was a key feature because i done need them most of the time so will have them folded up and keep my bike there.

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
the one on display at camperland had fixed bunks and then i looked at the foldup bunks on a work n play.
ours will be on display at the Brisbane camping show so will get some pics before we get it.

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
Started collectly the extras, got all the linen on special at Target today....picked colours for the annex walls on Friday...waiting for more specials...oh and the van.

Mods can move this to the starcraft section if they like...its a bit empty in there

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
1 week to go and we should be able to pick up the new van....It’s all paid for...all insured....have a friend in the local constabulary that is working at the show to keep the riff raff out of her....checked with the neighbour that we can park it at their place before it goes west....just need to buy all the little bits and pieces that we need