Holden Colorado

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Thanks Andrea, we are going to check BT 50 and Colorado out on Thursday. Colorado is growing on me and they have some good deals at the moment. I like the BT50 but am willing to look at the Colorado currently on sale? (why?) for $42k mid level 4wd driveaway. What is different?

Geoff

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
2 of my mates have ordered the new model & my Uncle has just ordered the new DMAX! I hope I havent jumped the gun?

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Dmax has a much lower towing capacity, maybe though Izuzu are truthful! Ranger out of the equation for us, they win all the reviews, just too much for me to spend on a Ute. I am sure they are a great car although they are a Ford :wink: and yes I know Ford Aus' developed some of the BT 50. They are all pretty equal at the moment in my opinion except for the older Nissans and Mitsu's but they will catch up. No offence intended to anyone.

Geoff

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
We were keen on the colorado for the same reason..... Good luck with the test drive. Let us know what you decide.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
We test drove one. And while very nice, it was nothing on the bt-50 which we got last week.

Yes Andrea, you are right! The Mazda was great and the Colorado dissapointing in my opinion. Doing more research on the Mazda now with accessories and pricing. Anyone know what the ARB canopy costs for one.

Thanks Geoff

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Geoff, we didn't get a canopy. We had a rhino liner sprayed on today and will get a standard cover for it too. Price wise not sure we'd be much help for comparison as we had a trade. It's the change over that was important to us.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Yes Andrea, you are right! The Mazda was great and the Colorado dissapointing in my opinion. Doing more research on the Mazda now with accessories and pricing. Anyone know what the ARB canopy costs for one.

Thanks Geoff

Hi Geoff, can't tell you about the ARB canopy, but we got the Flexiglass canopy with internal roof racks and colourcoded with lift up windows all round for $3500, so they are not cheap.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Haven't driven one but the prices are hard to go past if you are in the market for a 4x4 ute thats for sure.

Spoilt for choice at the moment!

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I thought the Colorado had a cheap interior and the drive was very rough, although it could have just been ours. From all accounts Holden were planning to sell heaps by the end of the year but I dont think they are moving. Why would they discount a brand new vehicle already. I think they look OK and I am sure there will be an early update to solve stupid things like no sat nav in a modern vehicle. They are also unhappy with the factory bluetooth system. There were some good things about it but for someone like me who currently owns 4 Holdens, very dissapointed.

Geoff

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Hi Geoff, can't tell you about the ARB canopy, but we got the Flexiglass canopy with internal roof racks and colourcoded with lift up windows all round for $3500, so they are not cheap.

ARB canopy with lift up windows and heavy duty roof rack is $3500 fitted.