17' Series Hi to all

geejay13

Jul 12, 2011
Australia
Well let me start by introducing myself. My name is Jeff I'm a grandfather 7 times over, was born on the 13th and my grandees call me GeeJ hence the title geejay13. I thought GeeJ was short for Grandad Jeff but my kids tell me its short for Grumpy Jeff!! Well I joined this group a year ago and have been trolling thru the posts and threads ever since, just quietly absorbing all the knowledge and information that all you guys n gals share so unselfishly. I've looked at the mods and the pros and cons of owning an expanda from the point of view of an outsider looking in so to speak. I already own a Jayco Eagle Outback with lots of extras (I really now should admit to selling it today!) but always struggled with the inevitable put up and take down on every trip we made. Living in the West its some distance between towns especially up north and the last thing you need is to wind up, pull out peg down etc while the other half wants to see the beach or sunset. I"d be banging away while the guys next to me were drinking their third coldy !! So with all the information gained from this forum I today sold the beloved Eagle and purchased a brand new modified 17.56.2 2013 Outback(ouch!) Hav'nt told my lovely wife yet but bought flowers and wine so should be all good!! We did go and have a look together last week, should be OK?? As mentioned in other posts awning and roof mounted air con now standard as is Stirling cabinetry,black checkerplate and other cosmetic things. The main thing Jayco have done for us is to delete the bunks and build a long bench with an on board washing machine(I'm gonna be OK you'd think now!!). Upgraded the lighting to LED and extra LEDs over the table and new bench, the microwave is repositioned to where the Heron air con was and a pot drawer goes under the stove where the microwave used to live. I'm sooo excited. Delivery end of Feb as the dealer already had one in the system. And the mattresses , the dealer has agreed to exchange the innerspring ones with foam ones if we don't like the innerspring (more information gained from this forum .) Thanks again. Have not seen fabric, laminex or curtain colours yet, going to let my lovely choose them (I'm surely home n hosed now!) So when I get news I would to share with you all (thats regarding the available colour choices!) But seriously thanks a million times the information gained on this forum has been so valuable it has empowered me to make a substantial investment full of confidence and knowledge, and that I didn't have to rely on a salesperson giving his pitch , of all the purchases iI have made in my life this was the most enjoyable and that comes from the forum. I hope now that now I am a true "Expanda" I can share some of my expertise and knowledge with others on this forum and help the way I have been helped. Sorry for the length of intro but when somethings good you just gotta keep shouting it out:amen:

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Welcome from one Grumpy Grandpa to another, and to Grandma. Congratulations on the step up to an Expanda. Already like your approach to modifications. Hope your next posts don't take as long. There's probably still a few tricks old dogs can teach young pups, but as you've no doubt already discovered from this forum, not too many. What a lovely surprise for your wife. She obviously deserves the extra comfort, space and convenience of an Expanda.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Welcome Jeff, brave man not telling the bride....good luck with that and congratulations! Look forward to some pics of the new 2013 model.

Cheers.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Congratulations on your purchase Jeff.
Congratulations also on clearly demonstrated bravery in making such a purchase without wife's backing. :)
I can't remember off hand if the 17.56.2 has bed ends on both ends, but hopefully it has as you may need the second bed.