14' Series Hi there

Fuzzy

Jul 10, 2012
Cowra, NSW
Hi there, long time stalker first time poster here, I have used some of the great ideas on this forum. We bought a expanda 14.44.5 from jayco canberra almost two years ago and we love it, we have done small trips so far and now we are going on a month long trip. Just after any advice or suggestions on the places we are staying, 1st night Bourke (Kidmans ) then Charleville, Longreach, Sapphire, Moranbah, Airlie Beach, Clairview, Yeppoon, Tannum Sands, Bundaberg, Torquay, Alexandra Headlands, Ballina, Emerald Beach, Bonny Hills, Big 4 Karuah jetty holiday park, Umina then home. We are leaving on thu 19th, I hope this isn't to long winded. Thanks Glen & Tanya. PS does anyone know if you can buy fuel at Barringun at the moment?

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Hi @Fuzzy welcome to the forum, last year when at Airley Beach we stay just down the road at Cannonvale next to Club Crocodile Resort called Seabreeze Tourist Park 234 Shute Harbour Rd Cannonvale Ph 49466379. Once back in NSW Woody Head Camp Groung in Bundjalung NP was good, Smokey Cape CG in Hat Head NP is basic bush camping behind the beach, Diamond Head CG at Crowdy Bay NP is lovely and not far from Bonny Hills.

Fuzzy

Jul 10, 2012
Cowra, NSW
hi @Fuzzy , this forum a wealth of info and friendly as, which CP is the best one to stay at, at Cowra?
Hi there @Bonners, The forum certainly is informative and friendly, re CP in Cowra there are 2, 1 is in town close to the main st and seems to nearly always have a lot of vans in there. I have heard a lot of people come back because of how clean the park and facility's are, and is owned by the local shire council. The other CP is out of town around 3kms, I don't know a lot about it but it looks nice and tidy. It is next to a war museum which has a lot of old things to look at. I hope this helps

Fuzzy

Jul 10, 2012
Cowra, NSW
Hi @Fuzzy welcome to the forum, last year when at Airley Beach we stay just down the road at Cannonvale next to Club Crocodile Resort called Seabreeze Tourist Park 234 Shute Harbour Rd Cannonvale Ph 49466379. Once back in NSW Woody Head Camp Groung in Bundjalung NP was good, Smokey Cape CG in Hat Head NP is basic bush camping behind the beach, Diamond Head CG at Crowdy Bay NP is lovely and not far from Bonny Hills.
Hi @gwadir thanks for the welcome and tips and suggestions.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
welcome Fuzzy, hope the lads at Jayco Canberra looked after you.

Kidman's at Bourke is a good spot, try to arrive early and be sure to take a trip on the Paddle wheeler down the back.
Just beware turning in/out of Kidman's as it on the main road north and is a "ROAD TRAIN" route up to 3 trailers long at that point and still cranking at 80+ as they pass. Bourke is where they break the trucks back to 2 trailers to head into NSW or add the 3rd to head north, its interesting watching them reverse during hitch up at the truck parking bay just down the road.

Fuzzy

Jul 10, 2012
Cowra, NSW
welcome Fuzzy, hope the lads at Jayco Canberra looked after you.

Kidman's at Bourke is a good spot, try to arrive early and be sure to take a trip on the Paddle wheeler down the back.
Just beware turning in/out of Kidman's as it on the main road north and is a "ROAD TRAIN" route up to 3 trailers long at that point and still cranking at 80+ as they pass. Bourke is where they break the trucks back to 2 trailers to head into NSW or add the 3rd to head north, its interesting watching them reverse during hitch up at the truck parking bay just down the road.
Hi there @Bushman, thanks for the welcome, we intend to stay at kid man's and I've read nothing but good reports about it. Do you recommend doing or seeing anything else in bourke, we're only there one night. BTW thanks for tip on road trains.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Hi there @Bushman, thanks for the welcome, we intend to stay at kid man's and I've read nothing but good reports about it. Do you recommend doing or seeing anything else in bourke, we're only there one night. BTW thanks for tip on road trains.

There's a few MUD MAP tours around town, the one of the riverbank (north side of town) is pretty good. Or the ECO Tour at the Visitors Centre (Back-O-Bourke) you pass it on the way to Kidmans.

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Clairview, Carmila Beach, Notch point, Cape Palmeston are all on the Coast. Lake Elphinstone out near Moranbah. Adventure Whitsunday Big4 at Cannonvale. A lot of these are free camping areas as well as the option of a van park. Depends on wether you are free camping or staying in Van Parks.

Reactions: The Goodwins