14' Series Hi All.

JBTZ14

Sep 24, 2014
Ballarat
Welcome @JBTZ14

We have a 14.44-4 as well and love it!
Going to ask you for some more pics if you don't mind...
Would you be able to post up of how they beefed up the rear bar to take the weight of the tyre and how the wheel is mounted and also how they mounted your bike racks. We were told that would have massive bolts and steel plates seen inside from the bike rack so decided not to do it.

Thanks.

BJ.

Hi Bmhdg76, Have a look at the photos of the bike rack and tyre mount.

The bike rack is hardly visible you can only see two white caps above the top bunk, the bottom mounts don't go all the way through the wall I guess they don't need to.

The Spare wheel is attached to the back wall not the rear bumper, as you can see its quite low so the two bolts that go through the back wall are lower than the bottom bunk and not visible. also even no its got three bolts top and bottom, only the middle one on each goes all the way through the other two are only screwed into the wall.
Sorry about the rear photos its in the shed so hard to get a full photo of the back of the van, my bike rack is quite high so both the wheel and rack can fit on the back.

hope this helps feel free to let me know if you need more info.

Attachments

• IMG_4379.jpg
    IMG_4379.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 212
  • IMG_4374.jpg
    IMG_4374.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 217
  • IMG_4375.jpg
    IMG_4375.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 218
  • IMG_4377.jpg
    IMG_4377.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 218
  • IMG_4378.jpg
    IMG_4378.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 197

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Hi Bmhdg76, Have a look at the photos of the bike rack and tyre mount.

The bike rack is hardly visible you can only see two white caps above the top bunk, the bottom mounts don't go all the way through the wall I guess they don't need to.

The Spare wheel is attached to the back wall not the rear bumper, as you can see its quite low so the two bolts that go through the back wall are lower than the bottom bunk and not visible. also even no its got three bolts top and bottom, only the middle one on each goes all the way through the other two are only screwed into the wall.
Sorry about the rear photos its in the shed so hard to get a full photo of the back of the van, my bike rack is quite high so both the wheel and rack can fit on the back.

hope this helps feel free to let me know if you need more info.

Those are excellent. Thank you for doing that.
They must have put some extra blocks in at the top for the bike rack which ours won't have.
Where the spare is though, ours does have major blocks in so that is something I may look at doing.

I really appreciate you taking the time to take the pics for me - especially as seeing they were hard to get to.

BJ

Reactions: JBTZ14