Interior Heron 2.2 Airconditioner - Mounting Issues

IanR

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Barker WA
Hello helpful folk in Jayco land,

This unit is side mounted in my 2014 Starcraft and I am attempting to fix a cracked fascia.
Does the fascia detach easily from the air control unit?
Do I need to remove the unit from the recess to do this?
Should the unit be secured inside the recess or will it just sit inside under its own weight (like mine) which I suspect caused the cracking in the first place?

Cheers, IanR

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thinking way back I'm pretty sure it was knobs off and just undo a few screws and the fascia was removed, I don't recall any spring clips or anything as for mounting of the unit if you look online at caravansplus they have the instalation instructions there.

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Hi the facia on my heron air con started to crack around the mounting screws, actually it was caused by the spacing tabs breaking off the back of the facia,I looked at a new facia but the price put me of a little, so looking outside the circle,I added an aluminium mouldings to the top and bottom edges of the facia ,same mouldings you use for carpet edging,some silicon to bond to facia and to strengthen cracked plastic new screw holes into aircon mounting and now much stronger than the original setup cost under $10 and to keep the cook happy the mouldings come in different colours, bonus was not having to play with switches and wiring

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    280.8 KB · Views: 330
Reactions: KECL