17' Series Help please

Crazyfun

Jun 26, 2014
Sorry this is a really dumb question but our hand over was a bit all over the place due to unforeseen circumstances, would anyone be able to give us a dummies step by step guide on how to put roof up & down on pop top expanda 17 56 1. Not sure what's got to be open and what's got to be closed lol completely running blind here. TIA :)

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
make sure your OUTSIDE clips on the lid are un done
click your awning lever towards the "open"
make sure your door is OPEN
stand firmly and balanced in the center of the Van, at either end......
push the white Bar upwards.............
lock the little silver "propeller" over to "hold the framework up.
move to other end, and repeat...........

hopefully you can understand my engrish............................

Reactions: dagree and relgate

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
to close - reverse of above

always make sure your Door is OPEN when lifting the lid, or lowering it down

the Vacuum created when opening can damage windows
same, the air trying to get out when closing can damage the windows if the door is not open...........

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
make sure your OUTSIDE clips on the lid are un done
click your awning lever towards the "open"
make sure your door is OPEN
stand firmly and balanced in the center of the Van, at either end......
push the white Bar upwards.............
lock the little silver "propeller" over to "hold the framework up.
move to other end, and repeat...........

hopefully you can understand my engrish............................

Spot on.

I would add:
1.Opening the awning about 1m makes it easier
2. It helps if you put it down in opposite order to putting it up. Ie, put the front up first, then the back. When packing up, put the back down first then the front. It will line up better that way

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
no speaka da engrish..............

can you clarify...............

AHHHHHH got it now

only undo them if you are opening your awning..........

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Spot on.

I would add:

2. It helps if you put it down in opposite order to putting it up. Ie, put the front up first, then the back. When packing up, put the back down first then the front. It will line up better that way

awesome idea........ never tried that .. will have to.......

Crazyfun

Jun 26, 2014
Cool, we tried the first way and it was really hard to push up, will try with awning out a bit, as it didn't roll back in to well

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Cool, we tried the first way and it was really hard to push up, will try with awning out a bit, as it didn't roll back in to well
dont be scared to pull awning out a little again once the roof is down so you can roll it up neatly.

Our roof was hard to put up as well. We had AC and solar. I carefully pushed the ceiling up with one hand whilst pushing the white bar with the other.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
yes, our roof is heavy as well (solar & air con as well), but I always use both hands on the white bar...........
my luck, I would push my hand through the roof............

I find its easier to "click" the awning lever to open, then open rear end first....... as thats the end with the "ratchet" for the awning
then go down and open the front end.......

have to try that trick with opening the awning a little @relgate

Reactions: relgate

Crazyfun

Jun 26, 2014
Thanks so much such a simple thing but don't won't to go breaking anything so shiny and new haha

Crazyfun

Jun 26, 2014
Silly thing is the video says to do what the first person said then the book says on step 2. Move the brake lever on the awning from close to open, the awning arms must be released prior to locking and unlocking the roof clips, see why I'm confused hahha

Reactions: bigcol

Crazyfun

Jun 26, 2014
Ok so we just got it up easy enough this time hahaha now when pulling it down as a one person job do you leave the end locked that you arnt closing? You know the bit on the inside?

Griffo

Apr 15, 2014
Royalla, NSW
I find that raising the back first is easier than the front. Probably due to solar and other bits being more towards the front.

Crazyfun

Jun 26, 2014
Haha I'm sure they will come all in good time, still found the awning didn't roll up on its own, flicked close and it zipped back in don't know if that's the right way to do it though, what a laugh bourban firmly in hand