Help please 12v stopped working - jayco expanda 16.49-3

XpandaOwner

Apr 30, 2015
Canberra
Hello,

I was hoping someone may be able to provide me with some advice or help on what could be the probable cause of my 12v power supply stopping working today in my Jayco Expanda 16.49-3. I have outlined all details below.

My family and I are about to head off on a big trip in a couple of weeks so I am very keen to get it all working again.

Everything is working fine when the 240v mains power is connected but the 12v just randomly ceased working.

The battery light does not come on the setec unit whether the battery switch is on or off and the red fault light does not come on either which is strange.

The battery is full and all fuses are fine, I have checked most connections with the multimeter and also inspected what I could near the battery and setec unit for any loose wires and all looks fine. So I am now stumped on what the problem is.

Thank you

Chris

Doug

Jun 3, 2015
Leeming / Perth
Try another battery it may be pulling to much current from the Setec.
You could try removing all but one fuse from the box to see if the problem persists. Might have an intermittent high load but that should blow the fuse associated.
Just confirming you are saying the 12v circuit lights etc stop working intermittently? Could be there is not enough ventilation around the box and is overheating intermittently.

Have you measured to see if the battery is getting a charge voltage from the Setec?

Doug

Reactions: Rockape