17' Series HELP!! No power Expanda17.56-1

Jez538

Dec 18, 2022
Victoria
Hi guys,

Got a problem. Pick the van up this afternoon to pack it to go away for new years. When I got home I plugged 240v in and got nothing. No power to anything. Turned it off and tried on 12v still nothing. Made sure the battery switch was turned on. Battery voltage is reading 9v as the van has been siting for a a few months. Checked the fuses on the setec. They are all fine. Checked the inline fuses from the positive terminal of the battery. They are all good. Check the trip fuse under the microwave. That not tripped. I’m stumped. Can anyone help?

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Hi guys,

Got a problem. Pick the van up this afternoon to pack it to go away for new years. When I got home I plugged 240v in and got nothing. No power to anything. Turned it off and tried on 12v still nothing. Made sure the battery switch was turned on. Battery voltage is reading 9v as the van has been siting for a a few months. Checked the fuses on the setec. They are all fine. Checked the inline fuses from the positive terminal of the battery. They are all good. Check the trip fuse under the microwave. That not tripped. I’m stumped. Can anyone help?
@Jez538 , it sounds to me that the van battery that has not been charged for many months and showing only 9.0 volts is flat and may not be recoverable. The Setec has a low voltage cutout of around 10.0 volts and at this level or below, the 240 volt charge is reduced to 0.7 amps until battery voltage gets above 11.8 volts. This could take many hours IF THE BATTERY ACCEPTS AND HOLDS THE CHARGE. It will then charge at the max of 10 amps until fully charged. So leave on 240 volt charging for at least 24 hours WITH NO ELECTRICAL LOADS. With any sort of luck, you might get some power into van battery to be able to run the 12 volt appliances like lights etc. Otherwise, you are looking at a new battery. However, all your 240 volt outlets should still work when connected to 240v power regardless of battery condition.
The following link will provide you with all the details about van battery charging using the Setec. You can always speed things up if you disconnect battery and connect up a multi-stage 10 or 15A "smart" charger, as that will be faster.
Also make sure that the lead to the Setec is connected to socket and switch is turned on. Also check external 240v socket into van to see that it is not damaged in any way.

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Check the power point your using is actually live by plugging in a power tool/hair dryer if good then plug lead in and test the same by plugging into the end of it, if good then the problem stems from the van socket, with the RCD as stated turn OFF then push back ON as some need a full OFF movement and when back to ON should feel a click............ with an RCD ON with power it should go off when the trip button is pushed, if no power the RCD will not trip.

At 9v you will have to bench charge the battery to get it juiced up as the Setek unit or BM Pro won't bring it back to life as its below the cut off.