Help needed

ash99

Feb 1, 2016
Lysterfield
Hi All,

Just a really quick question to all.

I am staying in Tathra and I have the issue of Jayco not having a non return valve on the outlet from the water pump. Ended up with inlet pipe bursting under pressure last night.

I need a John Guest non return valve. Hoping someone close may be able to help

Please message me

Cheers,
Ash

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Sounds more like the fitting wasn't pushed in fully, they will let go if they work loose.

Reactions: ash99

ash99

Feb 1, 2016
Lysterfield
I have managed to solve the issue.

Jayco had a Sureflow non return valve on the tank side of the pump. They also appeared to be relying on the pump to be the non return for the mains. I imagine the sureflow valve prevents water draining back to the tank.

The leak was the tank pickup pipe had no hose clamps on it at all. One of the connections close to the pump was leaking under the mains pressure. The HWS was also causing pressure in the system.

I installed hose clamps on the pick up for the water pump and then installed a non return valve on the outlet side of the water pump.

Got the parts from Eden.

All good now!!! Need to rehash the pipework when I get home in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I would also check the ends of the pipes that go into the guest fittings, any chewed bits can cause poor seals, I went over all my lines and made sure they are all pushed and pulled to get a firm fitting, on my old 14.44 I also fitted collar seals to each connector to make sure they didn't move....never a problem after that.

Collet-Clips-illus2-300x192.jpg
while most vans the fittings are black and the collars are usually red ....

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
I can never understand why Jayco do NOT insert these circlips - they cost only a few cents each and ensure the pipe can not come out (if pipe is fully pushed in).

Reactions: Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
And to top that off this will be a treat. Living close to the Jayco factory i on occasion call in if i need something obscure. The old guy in spares is great. generally really oblidging and will often pop out into the factory to source really obscure things

I grabbed a few JG fittings, but could not find any tube support inserts ... the reason stated is because Jayco dont use them, you dont need them so Jayco dont have them.

Pffffft .... its only JG who design and manufacture the system, and who say they are an intrical part required for system integrity, wtf would JG know anyways. If Jayco say theyre optional, thats good enough for me

Reactions: Drover

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
I disagree Drover, here is why...

Like a lot of things in life, you don't need it until something happens.

Had a JG pipe (inside the van cupboard) fall out overnight and water flooded the van. All because of missing 5cent circlips which Jayco say are not necessary.

Same van, Jayco had welded unrated chains on the draw bar - why do you need rated chains? Vehicle inspectors disagreed with Jayco!

Glen

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I disagree Drover, here is why...

Like a lot of things in life, you don't need it until something happens.

Had a JG pipe (inside the van cupboard) fall out overnight and water flooded the van. All because of missing 5cent circlips which Jayco say are not necessary.

Same van, Jayco had welded unrated chains on the draw bar - why do you need rated chains? Vehicle inspectors disagreed with Jayco!

Glen

I sometimes disagree with myself but I think you are mistaken this time Glen. @Glen Bundesen as I was/am all for circlips on JG fittings and rarely agree with Jayco advice....possibly a bigger screen is needed or glassess...:D:D:crutch:..:cheer2:........as I add the quote below...not attributable to me but a southern fisherman throwing out bait.:clap2::couch2:

And to top that off this will be a treat. Living close to the Jayco factory i on occasion call in if i need something obscure. The old guy in spares is great. generally really oblidging and will often pop out into the factory to source really obscure things

I grabbed a few JG fittings, but could not find any tube support inserts ... the reason stated is because Jayco dont use them, you dont need them so Jayco dont have them.

Pffffft .... its only JG who design and manufacture the system, and who say they are an intrical part required for system integrity, wtf would JG know anyways. If Jayco say theyre optional, thats good enough for me

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
But I might ask who rates the welding ???? The forgotten far more crucial point than rated chains.

Last time I looked around those clips were about 20c........Dooley, had a squiz on eBay, now seem to be 10 clips for $12 posted.........

Last edited: