Help Needed Diesel Mech In The Goldy

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Expanda, I bought our Navara from Nissan at Tweed but only had my 1st service done there as they are a bit far from me. I get my service done at Fleetec in Southport but have not have to have any major work done anywhere.

I wish I could be more help, mate.

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
When we had the Isuzu mu we used a diesel mechanic near goodna... But that's a bit far away for you. Hope you get it sorted.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
I wouldn't think it would cost to much mate, sorry I can't help but I hope you get it sorted !!

Cheers mate any help is greatly appreciated :)!

Expanda, I bought our Navara from Nissan at Tweed but only had my 1st service done there as they are a bit far from me. I get my service done at Fleetec in Southport but have not have to have any major work done anywhere.

I wish I could be more help, mate.

Thanks mate, ill steer clear of Nissan for now and go to an independent mechanic...

I have a guy up here "Antz Autos" who I found on the pootrol forum so will go up there in the morning :)!

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Cheers all for the help and support.....

Found a mechanic in the tweed who diagnosed it with a split turbo pipe.

He is suggesting that due to the split turbo pipe its not registering any boost so is keeping the car constantly fuelled which is cuasing the black smoke from over fuelling.

Pipe is being freighted from Sydney and will arrive tomorrow so should have a full diagnosis completed tomorrow.

Once all is done and resolved I will post the mechanics details but first impressions are very positive on the service received.

Drove in this morning with the phone ringing of the hook and with an hour had a diagnosis, cost and time frame.

Can not be more than happy with that!!!

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Glad it is all sorted
There is an App for the iPhone/iPad which I use called Dash Command which gives me the ability to read engine trouble codes, (what Im going to do with them I dont know) but could help someone mechanically minded to sort a problem. It aslo gives some great extra info like boost pressure, Intake temp, Coolant temp and a lot of other useless info as well, there are a few ways to connect to your vehicle one is wirelessly another is bluetooth and the way I use is the OBDII cable, either way you need a interface device to connect to the OBDII port, I think I also remember someone else posting somewhere about another gadget called Scan gauge which I believe does the same thing.
Cheers Grant