Has anyone popped an airbag?

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
My father has airbags installed in his Jeep. Last weekend we went camping with the vans down at Warburton caravan park. The owners gave us sites that should not have been handed out. They were waterlogged. When my father went to leave for the weekend he got bogged with the van behind and I had to pull him out.
Next morning he calls to say that he has a pinprick hole in one airbag. We suspect something like a branch may have pierced the bag. But not sure...
So my question is if anyone else has experienced this. I wanted some of these myself but am shying away if a little mud bogging and a rogue stick is all it takes for these airbags to go down.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi brad, I had polyairs fitted a couple of weeks ago so too early to tell but suppost to last years! There are allot of other members that have then also so they are probably in a better position to comment. I know cruiser driver had to replace one.

Cheers.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Hey Brad, Cruza punctured one a while ago. I'm sure he will jump on an share his experience.

I had airbags on my old Patrol for a few years and never had a problem myself.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hey Brad, Cruza punctured one a while ago. I'm sure he will jump on an share his experience.

I had airbags on my old Patrol for a few years and never had a problem myself.

Yeah, your right.look in this section within one if the first pages and detailed thread from Cruza there re his airbag installation and replacement is there.cheers pace.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
:whistle: Did someone ask about popped airbags ? :lol:

I popped one 12 months ago 4wdriving up and around Big River and I think it was a stray stick by ther scratch then the hole. I find this to be a very rare occurance and your one is only the 2nd one I have heard of.

I had done approx ??k with mine covering alot of varied terrains and towed alot around 40k. For me personally I wouldn't hesitate fitting them again. I have heard that there is a kevlar sock that can go over the bags to protect them but I have never seen them in the flesh.

And a trip to Warby thats are nice spot :peep:

Here is my popped bag thread see post no.3
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/showthread.php/1239-Fitting-Rear-Air-Bags

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I ve Heard about the bag too, maybe they will quieten down as well?