VIC Halls Gap Parkgate Resort

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
We stayed at this great park just after New Years for 7 nights and I can not fault it. The staff were absolutely amazing, the toilets were always clean, bins always emptied and nothing was ever a problem for them.

We had a powered site with a concrete pad that had plenty of room for the 17.56 and car without feeling like you were on the neighbours doorstep.
Kids club, two pools, playground and amenities kept all the kids busy from 9.00am through to the Family movie at 7.00pm.

We took our bikes with us and there is great bike tracks through town and out to Lake Bellfield's dam wall. Then there is all the walking tracks within the Grampians National Park and for me Parkgate with all its facilities is situated in the best position for this.

We would recommend this park to anyone and it makes for a great holiday, you could stay here for two weeks and still not see everything.

Az
IMG_0575.JPG
IMG_0003_2.jpg
IMG_0001_2.jpg
IMG_2664.JPG
IMG_2647.JPG
IMG_2627.jpg
IMG_2454.jpg
IMG_2366.JPG
IMG_2324.jpg
IMG_0006_2.jpg
IMG_0005_2.jpg
IMG_0004_2.jpg

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Yes your correct @cruza driver Bincs is Hayley's cousin, we had a great trip with them except Adam kept dragging my arse up and down big mountains and then made me drink scrupulous amounts of beer, bourbon and then port each night!

Cheers
Az

Reactions: jvp and jacbaz

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
HAHA he is a bad influence. I went to Kinder with him and have been good mates since 4years old.

We have done a lot of trips together from 4x4's to dirtbikes :) He bought his BT after coming for a ride in mine ;)

Reactions: AzHaych

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Ah, you've taken me back to Feb '98 when Mrs Pace (then dating), and I were at this park. Funnily enough when we checked in and doing the paperwork, the hosts then recognised my surname and he ended up working with my father on wharfs.

On another note, I buried my father today. RIP Joe Pace 1935 - 2015.

Really looking forward to getting back to this park we are, thanks @AzHaych for sharing. The Paces.

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Ah, you've taken me back to Feb '98 when Mrs Pace (then dating), and I were at this park. Funnily enough when we checked in and doing the paperwork, the hosts then recognised my surname and he ended up working with my father on wharfs.

On another note, I buried my father today. RIP Joe Pace 1935 - 2015.

Really looking forward to getting back to this park we are, thanks @AzHaych for sharing. The Paces.

Hi @Pace, sorry to read about your dad, my sincere condolences.
It's a great park and trips like that are what makes it all worthwhile.

Az

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
Funny you mention this park. I tried to get in as a walk up, week before last. Alas, no spaces available. I ended up staying down the road and nowhere near as good as your report. No matter Halls Gap was great and I'd go back in a second. Perhaps booking first :)

Did you do the Pinnacle hike? We did and we did it the wrong direction. Hard first. Great though I really had to herd the kids....