Chassis Had a mod plate done today

DiDExceed

Nov 2, 2012
Kuluin, Queensland
Thought i'd share my experience, Took my 16.51.1 Destiny to an engineer today to have it looked over to see if i could increase the GTM & ATM and have the new tyre size and spring over ok'd. I did the underslunging not long after we bought the van, and have since gone from 195/70R15C tyres to LT235/75R15 (same size as the outbacks run) which are a higher load rating, the van already had a 2t axle and 12in brakes, i added a breakaway for piece of mind and two new 10mm safety chains as the previous owner had hacked on off and joined the other.
$200 for the inspection, where he measured pretty much every part of the drawbar, chassis, coupling and body of the van including coupling to axle, overhangs etc and then checked the stress levels of the steel used on his computer and said all good.
Another $200 and i have a shiney new blue plate increasing my GTM from 1751kg to 1999kg and the ATM from 1906kg to 2249kg, new tyre size and recommended pressure are also on the plate.

Happy days, not that i plan on loading that much into it, but i know im all safe and legal and the insurance company is happy.