GVM Upgrade

slachlan

Jul 31, 2019
Melbourne
Has anyone got a 200 series Landcruiser with a GVM Upgrade?
I’m curious to hear how it changes the feel of the car when your not towing....obviously will loose the plush ride, but curious how much...
Any other comments around this would be much appreciated :)

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I had a Pedders GVM upgrade done on my Navara and had 500kg constant load springs put under the bum. Empty I would describe the result as a firm, but not harsh ride. Loaded in was a pretty good ride. The car handled noticeably better.

I've just had an LC78 GVM and GCM'd and unloaded its like riding a concrete block over a corrugated roof

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Has anyone got a 200 series Landcruiser with a GVM Upgrade?
I’m curious to hear how it changes the feel of the car when your not towing....obviously will loose the plush ride, but curious how much...
Any other comments around this would be much appreciated :)
I have a new 200 series and had a GVM upgrade done by ARB.

They offer 3 different options, 3650kg, 3900kg and 4000kg.

I was originally going to get the 4000 until speaking to them about the spring rates and ride implications.

The 4000kg needs 600kg in the rear to level it out, so those with rear drawers, rear whee carriers etc could look at this, however I don’t have all that any more.

I ended up going for the 3650kg version (300kg extra from standard) which uses a 200kg rear spring.

Because I also have airbags, I can adjust it if it drops a bit, although with my 21.64-1 on the back I actually don’t need very much air at all in the bags.

Without the van attached the ride is fantastic.never felt it without the new springs so. can’t give a before and after comparison, but very happy with the end result.

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
There’s a fair bit of discussion at the moment, it appears some of the states are now allowing some GVM and GCM upgrades now......