Toy Hauler Grey Water tank fitted to Basestation

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Sometimes I sit back a look at what I have just done and think maybe she is right but then I think, No she is never right.

Live dangerous don't you ???????..........Could end up closer to anal than you want.................lol,lol,lol.

Reactions: Base23

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Not sure if they ( northern RV) do a smaller tank. The tank I got was the only one with 40mm fittings that i could find. Most were only 25mm.

Thanks yeah I think the Jayco tank is average for the job. I'd want the big fittings in a grey water tank too.

The sink and basin do not have S bends as such but the have the clear tube that loops down a bit before connecting to the pvc under the van. those clear tubes are always full of water so they are acting as S bends.
The main reason for the valve on only the shower drain is that it is at floor level and the sink and basin drain hole are about a meter from van floor height so way less chance of getting water to back flow to that height.

Well that is how I see it, I have spent a lot of time googling trying to work out the correct way and the way I am doing seems to be the most common. No one seems to no for sure though.

Cheers
Hi Base23, did you find any difficulty getting enough "fall" on the plumbing from the shower at all?

Lonski

Aug 19, 2013
Perth
The sink and basin do not have S bends as such but the have the clear tube that loops down a bit before connecting to the pvc under the van. those clear tubes are always full of water so they are acting as S bends.
The main reason for the valve on only the shower drain is that it is at floor level and the sink and basin drain hole are about a meter from van floor height so way less chance of getting water to back flow to that height.

Well that is how I see it, I have spent a lot of time googling trying to work out the correct way and the way I am doing seems to be the most common. No one seems to no for sure though.

Cheers
I was under my Basestation today installing some underneath storage - had to re-route some of the plumbing, thought the pipe was empty - thought wrong! Copped a face full (in my mouth, up my nose, in my eyes etc.:painkiller:) of that stuff out of the 'S' Bend.