Grey Water Holding Tank

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
HAHA.... I need to work on weight distribution. Thinking maybe just a portable container 20L or similiar.... more room for water tanks!!
Maybe something like this??
http://www.jdcaravans.com.au/accessories/30-liter-water-container.html
Good find. Like the 48 litre grey water container one.
393648490.808104.png

$135 but like the wheels, handle and guage and fact it would fit nicely under van to replace bucket. Also looks like you're serious about containing your grey-water.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Nice find bigman0510.

48lt grey water tank is the go I think. Like you said, PITA to clean and the ongoing issues with hair, food scraps, etc. draining into a tank mounted under the van that would need to be removed from time-to-time. Makes it easy to just find a suitable dump point when you leave too.

Cheers,

Rohan

Reactions: Xpandafan

DiDExceed

Nov 2, 2012
Kuluin, Queensland
Sounds like a mod I'd be interested in as free camping and national parks is my thing, could fit one under the rear of the 14. as above pics are worth a thousand words, any ideas of what it has cost you for the install?

shadow75

Aug 25, 2011
Sale, Victoria, Australia
Hey Guys, Sorry I didn't get back to you with some more pics of the final install, haven't been around much. The poor Expanda has been idle in the shed for quiet a few months due to shoulder surgery. Should be out and about again soon.

I'll post a few more pics up shortly of the finish. With regards to drainage, I screw on a standard drain hose and turn the tap.
photo-1.JPGphoto-2.JPG photo-3.JPG photo.JPG
(not sure how one ended up side down?)

I haven't had any issues with it so far, including no smells (yet). For a $150 it was an easy install.

Cheers,

Glenn

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Finally bit the bullet and got a 40 litre Fiama Grey Water Tank (from Caravans Plus).
Solid and nicely made. Now need to decide on shelf in front tunnel hatch for stowing or a carrying bracket underneath van. Watch for progress when Melbourne'sweather improves.
397547288.651434.png