Great Ocean Road

jacbaz

Feb 6, 2011
Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne
Hi all
We are going to Riverview CP in Ocean Grove for the Melbourne Cup weekend and then plan on heading down the GOR for a few days. Was thinking Lorne would be nice to stay at but have just read some shocking reviews on the CP there. Anyone been there recently? Or ... any other ideas on a nice place to stay?
Looking forward to replies :)

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Wye River Cp is a beaut spot. Do a search I've done a trip report there, sorry just about to get a flat battery so I can't search for you at the monent :thumb:

But book ahead along there for the long weekend.

Reactions: jacbaz

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Peterborough caravan park known as Great Ocean Road Tourist Park. Nice little park, it is located on the inlet to the Curdies River. Very quiet town 15 minutes from Port Campbell. My brother in law runs the park. It has won a couple of awards in the last two years.

Last edited:

jacbaz

Feb 6, 2011
What is it with foxes and thongs??? We (the neighbours) had one living under their house in the Melbourne suburbs and it stole quite a few pairs of their thongs ... makes you wonder what the attraction is... !

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Peterborough caravan park known as Great Ocean Road Tourist Park. Nice little park, it is located on the inlet to the Curdies River. Very quiet town 15 minutes from Port Campbell. My brother in law runs the park. It has won a couple of awards in the last two years.
macca stayed there just camping then years ago not being rude heard it said most expensive park in vic but all parks are dear in the holidays but a nice spot to go

jacbaz

Feb 6, 2011
Stayed at Riverview caravan park in Ocean Grove for the Cup weekend with family and friends - $60 per night for the 2 of us but great park with clean toilets and showers! Friday was beautiful weather but Saturday was a touch blowy - the expanda next to us had his awning torn off right along the barrel - not happy at all!!!

On Tuesday Baz and I headed to Cumberland River for 4 nights .... Yet again, blowing a gale but Thursday night the wind settled and Friday was glorious. $37 per night unpowered plus 20c for a shower!!! Beautiful scenery - we were right on the river (in the wind tunnel) but such a peaceful place. Had the place pretty much to ourselves until weekend crew started moving in on Thursday evening - apparently the whole campground was booked out today. Now to look forward to the next getaway!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 261
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 268
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    906 KB · Views: 263
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 272

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Love the pics @jacbaz , great sunset ! and the next getaway, yep looking forward to it very much, "lake tyers"
I caught up with @Relle & Mark the other day and took the boat out, think there a bit excited also given they have the new van.
If any other members would like to join us at lake tyres end of November, your most welcome. $40 per site , kids free.

Following the recent get together at lake Beaufuort, a few of us had thrown about the idea of a another weekend before Christmas.
I have booked in for Friday, Saturday , Sunday 28th - 30 th Nov Site 21.

Just ten minutes out of Lakes Entrance.

The details are ;

The Lakes Beachfront Holiday Retreat
430 Lake Tyers Beach Road
Lake Tyers 3909

Contact ; Trish for booking on (03) 5156 5582 , mention your from Expandas Downunder and you will receive a flat rate price of $40 per night including the kids / dogs for this weekend.

Any questions please feel free to ask and i will try and answer them for you.

ATTENDING

@Colin&Sue +5yo daughter and 1 dog fri 10am , sat sun site 21
@jacbaz +Jedda fri , sat sun site 32
@Relle & Mark +3 boys and 1 dog fri ,sat sun site 22

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Love the shots @jacbaz ... Knowing Cumberland River well, you've got a Jaffa of a site there. And yep, it can get pretty windy... And crowded.

Glad you enjoyed the spot.

Reactions: jacbaz