Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
1604032714732.png

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
you loaded up the cruiser to be over 4.5 tonne mate :)
Be interesting few months ahead. I say be a lot of people buying used vans come into Christmas so spots going to be hard.
Then in Vic I think a lot of people forgot how to drive in lockdown.
I know we where only filling up every 6 weeks..
Avg 15-18k a year done 4k since March and 1k would of been Warrnambool and day trips around there :)

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Your out of luck Mrs D was quite assertive about taking a pic showing my legs attached to the rest of this fabulous specimen of blokeness...... She basically said "No you wont" or words to that effect.

Reactions: Bluey

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
875C15CB-A0B5-41B1-AE1F-E9D06A3869D5.jpeg972E5066-BF1B-469A-89FE-3B60F1BD2CB7.jpeg870671F4-1385-43C3-A3E8-275D21AA1E43.jpegD6CA5B13-3BA2-4411-AF7B-A16E0886D905.jpg The hailstones are about 2-3cms in size, not real big but very noisy on patio roof. On the weather map, we are between Coomera and Southport so more to come. Our daughter is down at Treasure Island CP in her Jayco Eagle and not too happy, she has battened every thing down and taken her two boys to the community rooms and having coffee and chips to wait it out.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Rain now with hail, not heavy but some large lumps of hail.
Nth nsw, se qld hail terrifies me. We just dont get that down here. We've been lucky too many times to be comfortable about the luck lasting. We were travelling sth from fnq a fews back with friends. They needed to get back to Melb faster, we decided to stay put another day so they when on ahead. They were only an hour down the road, we at the beach enjoying the cloudless magnificent sunshine, them having their car and van extensively hail trashed.

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Saw a photo on Facebook yesterday from somewhere on the east cost of hail that had smashed through concrete roof tiles, pink bats and then the gyprock to land on the carpet. Never seen that before.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
you loaded up the cruiser to be over 4.5 tonne mate :)
Be interesting few months ahead. I say be a lot of people buying used vans come into Christmas so spots going to be hard.
Then in Vic I think a lot of people forgot how to drive in lockdown.
I know we where only filling up every 6 weeks..
Avg 15-18k a year done 4k since March and 1k would of been Warrnambool and day trips around there :)
The new ute has done 300k’s in the last 6 months I need to get out

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
The new ute has done 300k’s in the last 6 months I need to get out

@mfexpanda, you will have to be patient to get into covid free Queensland. Our Anna is going to keep all you covid laden Mexicans south of the border for a while yet as confirmed by the result of the election on Saturday by many people. You are doing well down there, so maybe after Christmas???

Reactions: mfexpanda

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
@mfexpanda, you will have to be patient to get into covid free Queensland. Our Anna is going to keep all you covid laden Mexicans south of the border for a while yet as confirmed by the result of the election on Saturday by many people. You are doing well down there, so maybe after Christmas???
Zero cases here, and because of queen phallussuck' attitude to us mexicans, I am not going to grace her crummy state with my presence for a long time.
Pity about those tourist operators going broke!

Reactions: Crusty181

rags

Zero cases here, and because of queen phallussuck' attitude to us mexicans, I am not going to grace her crummy state with my presence for a long time.
I get your feelings there Johnanbev, and can see why many will boycott Qld in future and take their dollars to another jurisdiction.
The latest directions or more in particular Covid hotspots are a farce.
So the Qld health experts supported by Anna have declared 32 LGAs hotspot. However people can move from these LGAs and into non hotspots and share the germs.
But it gets more ridiculous in that the Qld health in declaring the 32 lgas did not infact declare for instance 2 more LGA.s in the Sydney basin. So we have the suburbs of say Glenbrook and Lapstone in the Blue Mts LGA that are less than 10 kms from the CBD COVID hotspot of Penrith. Where do you think the residents of those villages work, shop and play yes Penrith and many will commute to Parramatta and the CBD of Sydney.

Now if we head North of Penrith or west of Blacktown or Rouse Hill we will arrive at the localities of Richmond, Windsor Pitt town, Vineyard etc all in the Hawkesbury LGA Now those in the know will tell you that each of these areas are a continuation of the urban sprawl that is Sydney. Again the residents move freely between these areas with in the LGA hotspots.

For me it means if things don’t change by Xmas, I can freely leave Brisbane and travel down to and stay at my sisters place in the Hawkesbury and be greeted by my siblings who will travel from the LGA of Ryde, Blacktown, The Hills , Penrith, Wollondilly and Hornsby and Parramatta all within 50 kms of the Harbour bridge.
We can share a feed and a hug and then I will drive home to Brisbane, probably stopping along the Pacific coast for an overnighted.

Obviously there is no risk.

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
Agreed, $2.50 takes one to Katoomba or the Hawksbury, easy!
We have rellies in Sydney, central coast and mid north coast to visit, our son in Brisbane wil have to come south this year.

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland

Sad to hear you say that @Johnanbev about not visiting Queensland "for a long time". But to each his own thoughts! Personally, I can't wait for NSW and Victoria to be safe enough for my wife and I to visit YOUR attractions as you have plenty. I am sure you will be tempted when this virus is totally under control and a vaccine for immunization is available.
As far as "those tourist operators going broke", it is not as bad as the you think. As we in Queensland are free to move around anywhere in the state, and have not been in lock down as you have, a lot of businesses are surviving and doing okay although some holiday resorts are not getting the numbers they used to get. Also, hotels and bars, restaurants, cafes and night clubs continue to operate successfully albeit at reduced capacity imposed by Covid regulations. However, don't try to get into any caravan park without checking or pre-booking. They are "chockers" with travellers touring their own state with all new equipment and supporting local businesses. Incidentally, I note that NSW Premier is still not willing to let you loose in their state yet, and in West Australia either.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
G’day @Johnanbev , queen Anna has just been given a mandate to keep the border shut but even if she opens it, Dan, Gladys and SA are still stopping you from leaving Victoria. More people than Anna have to act before you can head north but we are all looking forward to seeing Australia become one nation again.

I have been wanting to go to Cassillis (near Mudgee) to meet a new great grand daughter but to do so, I would have to spend 2 weeks in self paid quarantine when I came back so it has not happened. Things have changed now so plans are being made.

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
I get your feelings there Johnanbev, and can see why many will boycott Qld in future and take their dollars to another jurisdiction.
The latest directions or more in particular Covid hotspots are a farce.
So the Qld health experts supported by Anna have declared 32 LGAs hotspot. However people can move from these LGAs and into non hotspots and share the germs.
But it gets more ridiculous in that the Qld health in declaring the 32 lgas did not infact declare for instance 2 more LGA.s in the Sydney basin. So we have the suburbs of say Glenbrook and Lapstone in the Blue Mts LGA that are less than 10 kms from the CBD COVID hotspot of Penrith. Where do you think the residents of those villages work, shop and play yes Penrith and many will commute to Parramatta and the CBD of Sydney.

Now if we head North of Penrith or west of Blacktown or Rouse Hill we will arrive at the localities of Richmond, Windsor Pitt town, Vineyard etc all in the Hawkesbury LGA Now those in the know will tell you that each of these areas are a continuation of the urban sprawl that is Sydney. Again the residents move freely between these areas with in the LGA hotspots.

For me it means if things don’t change by Xmas, I can freely leave Brisbane and travel down to and stay at my sisters place in the Hawkesbury and be greeted by my siblings who will travel from the LGA of Ryde, Blacktown, The Hills , Penrith, Wollondilly and Hornsby and Parramatta all within 50 kms of the Harbour bridge.
We can share a feed and a hug and then I will drive home to Brisbane, probably stopping along the Pacific coast for an overnighted.

Obviously there is no risk.

Not quite @rags. There is ALWAYS a risk and one should be careful. The latest ruling states that people from NSW country areas can enter Queensland without quarantine if they can prove that they have NOT been in a "hot spot" for the previous period of 14 or more days. And can travel by air to Sydney and then on to Brisbane without quarantine provided they do not stop in Sydney or leave the terminal! And provided they have the appropriate pass stating where they have been. And we all know how many people are less than truthful, don't we?? If you believe that there is "no risk", then perhaps you can have them all at your place for the duration! I for one would not want to be associated with anyone who came from a declared "hot spot" or had been mixing with others there. Tread your own path!

Reactions: BJM

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD

In my current wanderings what Ive seen it would't be the parks they all seem to have good patronage and from the news it seems to be the glitzy resorts and tours doing it tough, while the border closure has been a pain its better than having more lockdowns.............. Glad I can now just drive back from No Mans Land, hanging around in the twilight zone for 2 weeks might have been a pain...............not many QLD plates down here.

Last edited: