Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
The Clarence Valley council has just closed the Lilydale bridge free camp on the Clarence river.Toilets trashed ,human and dog poo everywhere ,dumped nappies,farm fences cut ,you name it,the bogans are alive and well.Too many vans staying too long.Cangai will be next.Alice up on the Clarence near Tabulum is another disaster.Looks like a rubbish tip.!
Your post about closing of camps from socially irresponsible $%^&tards is straight after your post about being in the lucky country.... ha.

Anyways, so much work to do.

Checking the van bearings revealed brake shoes need replacing, well at least one wheel so may as well do them all. Van will now have new tyres, shocks, magnets and shoes. Kaymar with their short sighted rear bar design forces the tow hitch pin hole so far in that I suspect no hitch could align with it. I sourced a massive wdh drop shank to replace the more standard one on the Navara to suit my V5 wdh, but the local engineer refused to bore a new hole it it so did that myself and also welded up the Stone Stomper to suit so that's ready to go.

Under bonnet dual battery tray ready to fit today. I have to relocate the ARB and injector systems to accommodate it. The battery is ordered, Redarc BCDC on its way. Performance chip installed in the car, and new layout planned for the rear of the Troopy.

The brakes will fail, wheels will fall off the van, the hitch will snap, the battery will blow up, and the chip will melt the ECU .... looking forward to getting away

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If you had got it sorted earlier you could of put it on a tilt tray, sent it up to my place and I would have taken it for a test run now everthing will be out of warranty before it gets used.....
@DRW these Jeeps are just so bluddy nice to tow with, 12 mths and still smiling..

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Your post about closing of camps from socially irresponsible $%^&tards is straight after your post about being in the lucky country.... ha.

Anyways, so much work to do.

Checking the van bearings revealed brake shoes need replacing, well at least one wheel so may as well do them all. Van will now have new tyres, shocks, magnets and shoes. Kaymar with their short sighted rear bar design forces the tow hitch pin hole so far in that I suspect no hitch could align with it. I sourced a massive wdh drop shank to replace the more standard one on the Navara to suit my V5 wdh, but the local engineer refused to bore a new hole it it so did that myself and also welded up the Stone Stomper to suit so that's ready to go.

Under bonnet dual battery tray ready to fit today. I have to relocate the ARB and injector systems to accommodate it. The battery is ordered, Redarc BCDC on its way. Performance chip installed in the car, and new layout planned for the rear of the Troopy.

The brakes will fail, wheels will fall off the van, the hitch will snap, the battery will blow up, and the chip will melt the ECU .... looking forward to getting away
performance chip ?any idea % increase . you may be awakening the Kraken

• Haha
Reactions: Bluey and Drover

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
I put a DP chip on the 2010 WH GC diesel at around 60000 klms.puts out around max 610 nm.max.done over 180000 ks mostly towing ,never had a problem.Touch wood !

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Will the “chip” bring the troopy closer to the power of a Jeep or will it still be a fair way off? (Did I just make a golf joke?)
You people are like buzzards waiting for a wounded duck.

If you put 1.6t on your oh so poooooowerful Jeeep thing (just pretend its remotely up to that for a second) and we'll see how it drives just like the Troopy only flatter
performance chip ?any idea % increase . you may be awakening the Kraken
Steinbauer 20% both power and torque at the flywheel, plug and play. I just want to hold a gear a little longer towing up hills, other than towing I have it switched off.

Reactions: mfexpanda

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
You people are like buzzards waiting for a wounded duck.

If you put 1.6t on your oh so poooooowerful Jeeep thing (just pretend its remotely up to that for a second) and we'll see how it drives just like the Troopy only flatter

Steinbauer 20% both power and torque at the flywheel, plug and play. I just want to hold a gear a little longer towing up hills, other than towing I have it switched off.

Reactions: Bluey and Crusty181

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
only good for bored pensioners

Glad you left Dave and I out of that, we arent bored, we drive vehicles with grunt and are never bored...... We just use plenty of bait when fishing...

The Smoko club scouts just turned up...

1603926403642761688469.jpg

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I used to like that bloke, when he was slagging off at everything else. He's a clown, and he's dead to me now.

Never been passed by a Toyo
My boy racer days are behind me, besides there's nothing left to prove when you're on top. Where again does your chosen chariot sit on the dependability scale ??? I can look for you :boink:

PS how the new van going

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic