Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
So they haven't changed over the years, that was a good price for an intercooler hose, there is a place in Melbourne that had them around the $140 each I think.....I was quoted $300 for a hand brake cable from Jeep, bought it from US for $39 and $45 postage, saved heaps.......I seem to recall the 150K service on my Jeep was DIY at $600 compared to a $1500 quote from dealer, added bonus was I didn't have to return to workshop to get things fixed again as it was done right the first time...

Yahoo, pick up The Ute in the morning, hope they gave it a good polish and it better be a good job, since I've been confined to doing stuff all for weeks I'm not in the mood to be stuffed around....................

Reactions: chartrock

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The Ute is back, no dents and very shiny, even got the tyres done so looking very schmick for a little while, even a few dents that weren't from the hail are gone, did a drive by of the Van Repair shop and Big Mal could be seen in the shed with some bits missing, it's going to be a long couple of weeks I think till it's finished.....might go out and buy a cover until I can build a roof over it all but then what do you do when travelling ?????

Well I hope folks aren't getting flooded or caught up in the fires, I've been in both and don't wish it upon anyone................BUT if you are let folks know, were a pretty helpfull bunch on this site, don't by shy.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Really a nice job on ute, the Kayak dents are gone as well................................bluddy windy, bluddy smoky and I hope it's not from the Pine Forest.................

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Your muffler will have a small hole in it, bottom of the can usually at the lowest point as a drain hole for moisture, block it up and the bum will fall out of it rather quickly................................have a good holiday fella.......

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Big Mal came home today, looking very spoofy with nice new panels, new roof hatch and surprise, surprise not only new AC Pod but a new AC as well, seems some fins were damaged on the old one so we got a new Ibis 3, wish we could head off.....................

IMG_20181220_144738.jpg

IMG_20181220_151325.jpg The solar panel used to lie alongside the AC but the Ibis 3 is bigger than the Dometic so it didn't fit, sort of like the new spot on the front ..............

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Be stuffed, thankfully when I leave it to the experts I always double check everything as I don't trust people and while the main job seems good the nongs didn't re connect the tank fill pipes, I could have filled the van up with water, of course they will be informed after Xmas along with the other little things, hopefully a nice bribe will be offered......Final QC seems to be wanting on so many jobs nowadays...

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Hope the weather is better down there for you @Bluey , absolute crap up here, overcast, drizzle turned to cloudy and windy no fishing, no beach stuff and I hope no one was heading to Teewah/Double Island Point, beach is battered, high tides and no beach access to Rainbow from Double Island, it's wild and woolly for sure.

Reactions: DRW

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Merry Christmas to all from Forster weather lovely cool breeze but need it to drop for boating for us with the inflatable and kids they swam in the rock pool yesterday bit cold for the grown ups going to one mile beach here i have rellows here and hes in surf life saveing on duty this morning so a visit on the beach to see him
Most of this park has left for christmas many live in town 5 mins away van parks need a 50k radius so locals carnt rent out there houses and stay here they must travel further to do that ........
Im a bit burnt legs and feet when will i learn ????? Turkey in bbq later mmmm
Just nice doing not much after a hard year
Have a great time!

Reactions: Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Out boating today in the bloody gale force wind crikey its windy wasnt too bad when left but it soon changed kids got a bream and a whiteing not bad ..... ride back got a bit wet but hay im out there pulled up on a sand island so kids can play
View attachment 62475
You must be a $hit scary captain @Bluey, Michelle has her life jacket on and shes sitting on the beach. Shes in shock

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Blue dog, ( @Bluey ) I carry a couple of screw on "F type" cable connectors for just such an emergency cheap as chips from The Big Green Shed .........come in various cable size.....

https://www.bunnings.com.au/antsig-twist-on-f-connector_p4360354

1546034375289.jpeg

I'm only about 11 hrs further up the coast and I have clothes on, mostly....................lol,lol,lol......... but weather is ordinary .

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluey and DRW

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Luffly here in the Nambucca Valley, hot days, mild nights and not much wind on the beach. Max the Big Black Doodle cant play with the tourists btw the flags which suits us, so he has the rest of the coast to run around on

Reactions: DRW

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Morning last day of the year i will struggel to stay up till 12 am little less windy this morning but its comming again later sharks seen or tracker gone off every day here off the main beach all whites
Dont drink too much have a good night happy new year to you all just think we get to go back to work soon ahhhh great and wait to do this again
Dont start selling the holidays short @Bluey, ive still got another 4 weeks off yet. Ill be well and truly asleep way before midnight

Reactions: Drover and Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Sounds nice, wish they would book them up here, weather hasn't been all that brilliant here but mornings are getting better, I just hate wind........for an old Navy mate at Forster, if he had room for a van I would take him up on his stop and visit request, everyone keeps telling him to get a yard and all his old navy mates would lob in......possibly too many if us.

Reactions: Bluey