Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I'm pleased to announce I have found water......if it wasn't for Easter I would be here a week not just 2 nights........Corowa at Grantham's Bend, great spot, heaps of room, heaps of water and near to town and a really nice town as well, sadly my old fishing spot of Urana is dry as chips, see how we go here shortly......picked a nice spot but should have gone further around the bend as the trees block my sat dish.....out with laptop and FoxGo.....

IMG_20190416_120853.jpg

IMG_20190416_120843.jpg

IMG_20190416_120927.jpg

Joevee

Mar 24, 2018
Hoppers crossing
One of my favorite towns
Great for wine, fortified wines, fishing and pies in Rutherglen well worth a visit, just don’t get to the pie shop late or you won’t be eating.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
We like Lightning Ridge, wander amongst the pretty rocks in the shop, get tempted with the John Murray artwork and lay back in the kiddies pool at the artesian spa so I don't get par boiled and the Opal Van Park is just a swish place to stop....................... $80 for 200ml of the Corowa Whiskey so that certainly stayed on the shelf, after about 6 weeks its nice to sleep in a house, have endless water and power, spent a day cleaning out van, sick and tired of dust it also showed where the lazy buggas who repaired the hail damage made mess with silastic, couldn't see it when it was nice and shiny but the red dust sure shows it up.....

Hope everyone is having a great time at Easter and are able to enjoy some family time, be safe everyone.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
My favourite banter thread needs a bump, have noticed that with the solar panels and connections getting a good clean, portable and fixed as well as my cables I'm getting decent charge rates, went over all connections for batteries, panels, cables, gave them a clean and getting good results.......lots of Victalians surround us at the moment....parked up near Kingaroy great area.
Be happy folks, work for retirement.

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Some of the stuff you do @Bluey especially holes like that always put a chill up me, dropping a back wheel of the Backhoe into an unknown well put the wind up me enough......................................Retirement will come one day, just remember you may need to forgoe the lastest and greatest now so when you walk out the gate that final time you have the home you want and can afford to get a good vehicle and rig but then still am able to peddle it where ever you want to go .............the box for the weber and other junk on the draw bar will then be enough house the 5kva Genny to power your Electric 3WD while the box on the back of the van will house the plant to recycle your thunder can into potable water and compost.............

Reactions: DRW and Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
So EL @Crusty181 are we going to Echuca in lets say 2 months will you be ready id like to think so just a weekend either friday or monday off monday better an RDO weekend going to Dubbo cup weekend now theres a shake down trip or we could go to the Pear festival what a blast that was oh no dogs allowed he can stay with rellows ?????
If you recall Toora we've already enjoyed a Pear festival together ... and I don't like pears. I may well be in central Oz in 2 months, but you never know.

Reactions: DRW and mfexpanda

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Clear sky, no wind, nice temp for shorts and T shirt so it might be a day out in the boat .........................

Reactions: DRW

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Clear sky, no wind, nice temp for shorts and T shirt so it might be a day out in the boat .........................
I finished putting in the carpeted floor and cast deck on Friday and decided to pop out in the HMAS Crusty on Saturday morning. It was very windy at home, but a 5min drive to the beach and it was not so bad; a situation which isn't unusual. I've all but confirmed my 15hp Merc is the rebadged and governed 19hp Tohatsu and with the requisite Tohatsu parts are on order, but Im desperate to test my theory and cant wait for the parts so gerry rigged the engine to simulate the replacement parts.

We have a creek ramp which meanders under the railway and highway bridges and into old river marina. The river rolls past the river front pub, water front and then out along the pier and into the Bay. Very pretty and very well protected, hiding anything going on out in the bay. It's all within 5 min drive, and a great place for a boatie. I drove along the beach en-route to the ramp for a final review of conditions .... still pretty good; couple of boats out and not bouncing too much.

Anyways the bay was blowing a gale, chopped up with large swells. Briefly threw a line in but not pleasant, so just managed to cover everything in salt spray and then headed home. At least I was standing on nice carpet

20190720_133237.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If that pub has a jetty, I think it might be the one I parked a 40ft Navy launch at, we stopped for lunch after wandering around the bay playing games, way back in 1977 I think....got sprung of course, hard to hide the grey boat.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
@Bluey i used to get up at 4:45AM hit the Hi way before 5:30AM and drive 100 kilometres to start work at 6:30AM and leave anytime after 5:30 - 6:30PM and drive home and I did this for 20 odd years except when I was in China 5 or 6 times a year working sun up till late 7 days a week, yep I hear you I really miss that stuff ....................,.NOT!!

Reactions: Bluey and mfexpanda

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Lunchtime at work i dont bother eating as i work through most of the time @Drover @DRW you are missing out on so much not working listening to crap from the others getting up early not being home its so good ahhhhhh maybe not so good carnt wait for 330
We have a friend who is a professional classical musician, but, as with most musicians, the money for performing is crap, so they have to teach students to make ends meet. And our friend absolutely detests teaching.
So, as each student walks in the door, she works out what she will buy with the money she earns from the lesson.

Perhaps you can work out how many tonnes of dirt you move each day, then estimate how much you earn from each tonne and dream of what goodies for your tug or van you will buy with it. At least it will pass the time away each day you are working.

When I used to have to sit through days of boring conferences. I used to pass the time by choosing a long hike I had done and then beginning from the start of the hike try to recall every bit of the hike I could remember. The time would really fly by.

cheers
Mike

Reactions: Bluey and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Since we are on Work Sob stories....
I would get up at 0430 out the door at 0500, drive 29kms to work and jump in truck and run around farms and stuff all day or possibly some city markets then jump back in old Ute about 1930 and head for home, mongrel life.....................
But it was way better than climbing into the Long Distance Coach at 1930 and watching the rotten thing drive away at about 0800 the next morning in Blackall, cold beer with piglet and bum nuts for brekky, camp under AC in Motel during the day and back into another mongrel at 1900 that night to head home .......... Cull a few 'Roos along the way................
But those 2 jobs were beaten by waving goodbye to the mob on the wharf in January and not seeing them again till sometime in May or June ......... but i did wear a fancy uniform, go to really cool places.....

Now I get up when I damn well want to, drive when I feel like it and can have a beer anytime, no watch, no alarms, no schedule to keep ........ Life is Good, well until Chris tells me what she has planned for the day so my life of leisure can be changed at short notice ...................... I'm allowed to dream......

Reactions: Bluey and chartrock