Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
I was just pointing out the fickle nature of people in general............ You read far to much into my simple comment....... I think but maybe thats what I meant, nah people in general while nice are mostly sheep...
Hi @Drover,
I probably overreacted. it was due to the comments by Trump and others in the early days making comparisons to road deaths, influenza, anything to make this look less serious than it is turning out.

I am particularly sensitive since I have my son and his wife living in the greater Houston area in Texas. The US is not a good place to be in the world, and Texas is not a good place to be in the US. And massive under reacting by both Trump and the governor in Texas have made it far worse than it needed to be.

The pictures of fork lifts putting corpses into refrigerated containers outside a major hospital at the peak of the virus in New York will haunt me forever.
It also encourages me to help ensure we don't have the same over here.

Much the same as pictures of horrific and deadly road crashes ensures I drive as safely as I possibly can.

take care
there is the great Murray Expanda meet up to look forward to.
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Hey Mike thats cool and understandable, did have some good points really, I have friends in Illinois and we could have been touring over there when this all happened, thank go I didn't have the money.......................................... We truly are the lucky country and I happen to be in a luckier state and really have been unaffected by all this other than not being able to travel, being out in rural area does have its advantages.....................

Anyway, I may have said it before but from now on I'm not commenting anymore on this virus/lockdown whatever, its here and like bloody Cyclones, Bush Fires and Labor Governments I just have to work around it ................ folk will have to find their own info about getting into QLD..............thats it I'm back to caravanning, Jeeps and fishing....................so I'm not ignoring you, just sticking my head in the sand or whatever...........

Last edited:
Reactions: mikerezny

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi,

A worker at the Woolworths in Mount Waverley tested positive yesterday.
We were in there last Saturday.
It is getting closer.
Now 13 active cases in the Monash LGA. It has mostly been less than 3.

take care
viruses are lurking everywhere
Mike
Are the confused and unsure ecks'pirts sticking with the need to spend 15min with a zombie to guarantee successfuĺ mating, or has that gone out the window to ??

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Anyway, I may have said it before but from now on I'm not commenting anymore on this virus/lockdown whatever, its here and like bloody Cyclones, Bush Fires and Labor Governments I just have to work around it ................ folk will have to find their own info about getting into QLD..............thats it I'm back to caravanning, Jeeps and fishing....................so I'm not ignoring you, just sticking my head in the sand or whatever...........
Hi,
I had a big burst in the early days and then decided to stop posting about it and post funny stories, jokes etc instead. It was a good idea.

Then the second wave hit and I started up again.

Now I have got a lot of it off my chest, I will stop and go back to posting jokes and funny stories. Much much better for my sanity.
Might even be some good questions relating to subjects I know something about.

Hopefully, it won't be long before we can go camping again.
I have friends with properties in Victoria and Queensland and we will probably go there to ensure we avoid the crowds of bogans that will around the camping spots.

take care
Mike

Reactions: Drover

GingerMEGS

Jun 8, 2020
Melbourne
Jeeps? I thought you were better than that, haven’t you seen the videos of them randomly catching fire.
Don’t think I’ll be able to sleep tonight, crossing the border to Mexico tomorrow, we’ll maybe.
Hey Mike thats cool and understandable, did have some good points really, I have friends in Illinois and we could have been touring over there when this all happened, thank go I didn't have the money.......................................... We truly are the lucky country and I happen to be in a luckier state and really have been unaffected by all this other than not being able to travel, being out in rural area does have its advantages.....................

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Hi @Drover,
interesting comparison.

There has NEVER been any attempt to completely eliminate road deaths. The solution has always been to just suppress it.
They could almost eliminate it by building better highways, reducing speed limits, installing devices in vehicles to make it impossible to drive while drunk, affected by drugs, or driving for more than two hours without a break, etc, etc.

We have been conditioned over many many years to accept suppression with regard to road deaths as long as there is some attempt to reduce the numbers.

The difference is that road deaths do not spread exponentially and the cause is usually easily identifiable and steps can be taken to prevent further repeats when a common cause is found. Driving while under the influence of alcohol and then drugs, seat belts, eliminating black spots, driver fatigue, speed and red light cameras, using mobile phones, etc, etc.

A virus spreads exponentially and does not necessarily kill the person transmitting it. One person can infect hundreds of other people. Look at cases in choirs, cruise ships, meat works.

Yes 108 deaths in Australia from the virus compared to 89 from road deaths in May seems out of step compared to the present panic.
But we have generally done well in Australia, mainly because we are an island, and with the exception of Victoria (quarantine hotels) and NSW (Ruby Princess) stopped most of the virus from spreading.

The 108 could easily now be 10,800 or more if we had followed the examples set by the leaders in the US, UK, Brazil, Netherlands, or Sweden.

But, unfortunately, the steps taken to suppress the virus have to continue. Otherwise we will just delay the exponential increase and all the initial restrictions that worked will have been in vain.

Exactly the same for road deaths. Having successfully reduce road deaths even with more vehicles on the road driving more kms, the tactics used must continue.

Can you imagine the effect of allowing unsafe cars on the road, allowing people to drive without seat belts, no policing of speeding, running red lights, no checks for driver fatigue, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and no attempt to build safer roads, no licenses.

At least while we are behind the ramparts of Fort Mike we hopefully won't die from the virus or a vehicle accident.
That suits me just fine at the moment.

take care
Mike

Once again @mikerezny , a quiet and simple explanation of things, almost like a well informed politician!! But is there such a beast these days? But you could count on my vote anytime with the epistle!! Vote #1 Mike!!!!

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Six young Victorians in a mini van caught at the Qld Border with false papers.Big fines. Can not now find a word to describe them.Looks like any more outbreaks in NSW and we will be in lockdown again.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Jeeps? I thought you were better than that, haven’t you seen the videos of them randomly catching fire.

All that I can say is I'm on my 3rd Grand Cherokee, the other 2 did close to 300,000km no problems at all and the current beast is near 60K, after having Landrovers, Cruisers, Patrol and a few other FWD's I can say I'm very happy with my Jeep, I have seen some horrid things happen to Cruisers and Landys not to mention Patrols over the years........ only folk I seem to meet that have these Jeep horror stories had a mate who's second cousins best friend Unlceheard from his mate about a Jeep, having a good mechanic no matter what the vehicle helps a lot.... Lots of Jeep folk on this site.....

like a well informed politician!!

Is that what they call an oxymoron ????????

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
A photo to lighten the mood - everything seems virus oriented...camping at Myall river campground last week with family...

34356419-83D9-42F9-9FB5-9B277DA27BF8.jpeg

GingerMEGS

Jun 8, 2020
Melbourne
Wow nothing like fishing without Bait. Hahaha I was winding you up, they are good cars just like.
All that I can say is I'm on my 3rd Grand Cherokee, the other 2 did close to 300,000km no problems at all and the current beast is near 60K, after having Landrovers, Cruisers, Patrol and a few other FWD's I can say I'm very happy with my Jeep, I have seen some horrid things happen to Cruisers and Landys not to mention Patrols over the years........ only folk I seem to meet that have these Jeep horror stories had a mate who's second cousins best friend Unlceheard from his mate about a Jeep, having a good mechanic no matter what the vehicle helps a lot.... Lots of Jeep folk on this site.....

Is that what they call an oxymoron ????????

Reactions: Drover and BJM

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
If you have a mechanical workshop and can not service a WK Grand Cherokee petrol / diesel you should not be in business !!.The big problem these days are the electronics in all new vehicles .

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep @GingerMEGS. I do bite sometimes when my Jeep gets knocked, comes from being an old Landy Bloke, it got knocked a lot and I did carry a good tool box and became fully conversant with Cruisers because of it...lol...lol......

GingerMEGS

Jun 8, 2020
Melbourne
Just a quick update for anyone who cares.
We crossed the border through Griffiths at Tweed/Coolangatta roughly 8.30am, it was maybe a 5 min delay in traffic,
We got pulled over into a side st and the police just asked for our ID and asked if we have been in a hot spot or to Wagga.
We showed them our documents/receipts that we have been out of Vic for 14+ days, they said all good but sorry you have to go around the block and join the queue again, so then an extra 10 minutes and we’re into Queensland.
Happy days. Thanks Anna
We have just arrived at Noosa.
Enjoy

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
We all care Ginger, we truly do.................................... Enjoy Noosa just stay away from crowds as the place, like Eumundi can be viral heaven and thats just for the cold........................ we are only a 70km drive up the beach from there..................

Reactions: Brente1982

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
My doctor in Iluka will not now treat any Vics .Caught six filling out his tracing form,lying where they were from.! NSW Health has said he is within his rights,they have to go to closest hospital.Of course Illuka and Yamba full of Vics at the moment.The idiots are winning at the moment.Fine ,name and shame ! Too much iffy ,softly,softly directives,ie you should wear masks ,not you will be fined if you dont.The future doesnt look too rosy at the moment unless everybody uses their brains.Trouble is many appear to have none.

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
My doctor in Iluka will not now treat any Vics .Caught six filling out his tracing form,lying where they were from.! NSW Health has said he is within his rights,they have to go to closest hospital.Of course Illuka and Yamba full of Vics at the moment.The idiots are winning at the moment.Fine ,name and shame ! Too much iffy ,softly,softly directives,ie you should wear masks ,not you will be fined if you dont.The future doesnt look too rosy at the moment unless everybody uses their brains.Trouble is many appear to have none.
You're sounding like one of these state premiers who think they can eradicate the virus. Not a hope in hell. It will not disappear until there is a vaccine. Just got to learn to live with it.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
My doctor in Iluka will not now treat any Vics
Interesting tilt on his ethical obligations. It's all becoming a little too medieval.

Don here in Mexico the local Health Dept cant really overrule the AMA, but hey Im sure ye olde Town Crier will have the southern scoundrels dunk tested for witchcraft :behindsofa:

Reactions: mfexpanda