Go to last read in a thread

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hey @expanda,
I bet this will be an apple thing also, but I have noticed for a while now that when you open a thread with pics in it, the page tends to open where the pics are instead of going to the first unread.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Its an IOS bug that affects all apple devices.

The problem is the anchor tag doesn't work properly when images are present in a thread.

Images in forum software don't contain height information unfortunately so iOS is not able to render the page and scroll to the correct anchor tag.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Damn you apple...

Another reason to go android.....

Its hard because the makers of software can't write there software to address bugs in apples ios as if they do when apple gets around to fixing it they have to rewrite there software.

From what I know there is a few bugs apple are aware of that affects web based software but to date no resolution has been offered.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
A few years ago I would have given android a go.
But today, the whole family has iPhones, iTouch, Apple TV, Macs and everything integrates.
Not to mention find my friends app which allows me to identify the correct train station to meet at when I need to pick him up. Or sharing of music. Or displaying vids from a mobile device straight to the big TV.

So unless everyone swaps, I think I am on apple for a while me thinks.

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Same happens to me. Especially on the what you did on the weekend thread. Always seems to open up on the last lot of winch challenge pics.

BJ
BJ, loved the comment on the winch photos. Funnily enough I uploaded them on a 27 inch iMac to the forum. We are heavy Apple users and have been since 1988 when I owned a Apple //gs. I was hooked when I saw my mate's Apple IIe in 1984.
Cheers Deano

Reactions: Bmhdg76

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
A few years ago I would have given android a go.
But today, the whole family has iPhones, iTouch, Apple TV, Macs and everything integrates.
Not to mention find my friends app which allows me to identify the correct train station to meet at when I need to pick him up. Or sharing of music. Or displaying vids from a mobile device straight to the big TV.

So unless everyone swaps, I think I am on apple for a while me thinks.

Don't get me wrong I like apples product to but its disappointing to see so many bugs with IOS / safari.

It certainly wouldn't stop me personally though from ever buying one though....

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hey that's an interesting comment you make. You reacon if I download a different browser that it may make a difference?

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
No good... Just tried mercury browser.... But all the same I think the mercury browser looks a lot more slick than safari!!

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Still using iCab Mobile on my iPad and going fine. Use Chrome on the iMac. All Apple in our family from early graphic design days. You're not tied to Safari as a browser.