NSW Gloucester Caravan Park

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
This was our choice for a four night getaway in the week before Xmas. Found the park to be spacious with a choice between the standard sites with slabs on grid roads, or for more space powered and unpowered sites in lush grassy areas. There were tons of spots with good access down to fast flowing clear river, which was quite warm to swim in. Surrounding the park were lots of other parklands, a swim centre, and a new woollies at medium walking distance. Amenities very clean. There were hardly any tourists there that week and we had no trouble finding a bit of space with our large dog. Flogged down with rain for the last two days, and the river rose by about 1 metre. Scenic with distinctive mountain backdrop to town. About $44 2A and 2C per night.

The river was just behind these trees
image.jpg
The space and the lush grass........
image.jpg
The peaceful river
image.jpg
Cooling off 37 degrees

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 290

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
That won't stop @Drover ..... He doesn't work :peep:

Yes I do ! Just don't get paid for it and only when I want to.........polishing my van, sorting my fishing gear, servicing my Colorado, mowing my couple of acres is work..........pushing the trolley around Bunnings and Dan Murphy's .................just stopped making some other bloke richer with my toil.

Only a little bit past my fav spot at Red Rock.

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
Yes I do ! Just don't get paid for it and only when I want to.........polishing my van, sorting my fishing gear, servicing my Colorado, mowing my couple of acres is work..........pushing the trolley around Bunnings and Dan Murphy's .................just stopped making some other bloke richer with my toil.

Only a little bit past my fav spot at Red Rock.

Ha ha where I come from all those things are called fun. :caked:

Reactions: Drover and dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Yes I do ! Just don't get paid for it and only when I want to.........polishing my van, sorting my fishing gear, servicing my Colorado, mowing my couple of acres is work..........pushing the trolley around Bunnings and Dan Murphy's
Where do I find a job like that? :ballchain: :D

Reactions: Gilmorehappy

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Ha ha where I come from all those things are called fun. :caked:

Exactly and to do it when I want to is called retirement.....................

@Drover , is that the red rock near Arawarra (corindi beach) or is there another Red Rock?

Thats the one, magic spot.........

Where do I find a job like that? :ballchain: :D

Well, with me it was accidental, I suddenly found at 60 I could retire, took 3 mths to make sure I wasn't wrong then I couldn't park the truck up for good quick enough..............it's a wonderful job, clock on when I damn well please or NOT.......

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
You're never busier than when you retire (apparently, and from what I've heard). So I see how all that could be called work :fish2::plane::pound::car:. Let me know the secret to retiring at 60, that is actually very well done!

Reactions: dagree and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Just make sure you have all the reno's done before you retire @Gilmorehappy otherwise you waste valuable fishing time.......eg: finish painting roof, ripping out bathroom floor tiles (never got it finished before the big day ) and a few other reno things means The Tardis may not turn a wheel till mid Feb or later, at home for 3 mths, it hasn't sat in one place for that long for a few years.......:apologetic:.......just remember to not spend heaps on bling, it can mean retirement gets put off an extra year......................
I've plotted a nice little run from The Lockyer down the coast to Red Rock down to Forster over to Gloucester and home via Bingara, started off short but then tends to expand, could add Nindigully on the way home and a little 7 day run ends up a month as usual.

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
Just make sure you have all the reno's done before you retire @Gilmorehappy otherwise you waste valuable fishing time.......eg: finish painting roof, ripping out bathroom floor tiles (never got it finished before the big day ) and a few other reno things means The Tardis may not turn a wheel till mid Feb or later, at home for 3 mths, it hasn't sat in one place for that long for a few years.......:apologetic:.......just remember to not spend heaps on bling, it can mean retirement gets put off an extra year......................
I've plotted a nice little run from The Lockyer down the coast to Red Rock down to Forster over to Gloucester and home via Bingara, started off short but then tends to expand, could add Nindigully on the way home and a little 7 day run ends up a month as usual.
As for renos, I've always been in building game but you know the saying that a builders' house is never finished! And I don't think that will change as retirement draws near! Sounds like a great trip you have planned. Nicely spaced with the driving between stays!

Appreciate advice on bling reduction. Have always been practical and thrifty but never cheap! :single_eye:

Is your trip in March?

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Well - at 5PM today I am RETIRED! However, like @Drover there are still things around the house to do....laundry, redo ensuite, granny flat to build - the list goes on......
BUT the van will get much greater use - installed water filter and Caraframo fan yesterday.......heading away next week to Native Dog campground for very short trip to meet up with son and family.

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
Well - at 5PM today I am RETIRED! However, like @Drover there are still things around the house to do....laundry, redo ensuite, granny flat to build - the list goes on......
BUT the van will get much greater use - installed water filter and Caraframo fan yesterday.......heading away next week to Native Dog campground for very short trip to meet up with son and family.
That is AWESOME, great achievement, and congrats! I reckon no one should work for a second longer than they need to; but I think that doesn't need to be said on this forum where folk here all realise the value of leisure time, and living life! Well done; envious!

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland

Congratulation Bill, that is good news. Now we can look forward to more trip reports. :D