17' Series Generator

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Gday guys. Thinking about purchasing a Honda EU20i generator.
Are they any good. Mainly wanting it to run the air con / heater and charge batteries in our expanda. Any feedback would be great,
T.I.A
I have 2 Kipors, a couple of Hondas and a huge no-name thumper for the shop mig welder. Hondas and Yamahas are without question the higher quality units, but there are very impressive and cheaper alternatives that will last equally as long in the low demand camping environment.

I did a comprehensive and long winded review of my Kipors some time back. Currently the GS2000 is around $1000 new and $500 for good 2nd hand. Kipor Review

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
most important-est piece of camping equipment in my humble opinion
In the vast Aussie unpowered free camp environment far far away from the caravan park pee'pools, and with every effort not to resort to the generator (not that I could ever be confused with being anti genset) Ive invested in a Bialetti Mukka for my off grid freshly ground flat white/latte experience. Its a bit of an art form and Its taken a bit of tinkering, but It produces pretty good results

Mukka.jpg

Reactions: Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
love the cow patten

hate the idea of working for a coffee,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Its not about "working" per se, its more about taking the time to breath and bond with the beans. Its the sensual artistry of caressing the moment and creating the perfect zen like mindfulness, raising above the mediocre, seeking balance and being one with process .... along with 2 sugars, the morning paper and a couple of pieces of Vegemite toast. Now pi$$ off, I reading the sport section

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
On a cold night with a moderate sea we would climb below decks out of the weather, mug in hand, spoon in a big pile of instant coffee, 2 sugars and a enough milk or water to beat the mix into a paste then top up with some hot water add milk if lucky enough to have some, end up with a nice frothy coffee...........................a Sailors Cuppacino, actually came up pretty good but then a coffee machine back then would need a wheel barrow to move it.

Smash

Apr 23, 2013
Perth WA
We have just bought the EU22i Honda Generator for $1999: great unit.
I see you have just purchased the new Honda generator I take it your using it for air con on your van.What air con do you have and does the new generator perform like? I’m am looking at one but I have a new dometic harrier air con unit and there is not much information on generators using the smaller models and how they perform.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
See if you can test one on your rig @Smash , identical rigs and often one will work great, plug in other van and it won't, that's with the smaller Gennies, ones over 2.4 should be good.