General questions

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
image.jpeg image.jpeg i am in need of some technical advice and secret tips.
1. My battery loses power over night with the battery switch on off. It will be at 13.5v when I leave the van and then be at 12.6v in the morning. Is this normal?? (Only had portable solar in the swan).

2. How on earth do you clean the awning?? Just spent an hour using a broom. Thinking of using the pressure cleaner next time.

3. While cleaning the awning I noticed what looked like burn marks on it, and the strip light was milky in the same spot. Has this happened to anyone else?
The awning is meant to be replaced, hopefully soon, as it has the yellowing along the strip light bit and a tiny hole up the top (which was on there at pickup)
Meant to say, lights have not been left on either

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Thanks @NoWorries . was getting anxious all was not right, as when I pressed the button on the checking thing, 99% of the time it shows 0.0. I will relax and breathe now.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Since @NoWorries covered the battery, with your awning the best way to clean it is if you have dew in the morning leave it open then early before the dew dries off give it a broom down, the yucky bits are soft and should come off easy, truck wash or a small bit of dishwashing liquid in a squirty bottle of water helps to clean it off, most important to roll it up dry.

Led's mounted on the awning roller seem to cause more trouble than benefit it seems, I'd remove them and stick it on the wall below the awning, then they won't get corroded by moisture, heat effect the awning when rolled up plus you can use them when awning is rolled up..........Mine have been on the wall for 2 yrs, all working no problems at all..........5m for $10 on Ebay.

Last edited:

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
I have the yellow stain from the LED's on the vinyl as well. It seems to be from the plastic they use over the top of the LED strip itself. Don't have a solution at this point for that.

To clean, I use a microfibre sponge on a long pole I purchased at the caravan show last year and truck wash.

I wouldn't use a pressure washer as it may damage the vinyl.