Gasmate Ducted heater

dosmos

Nov 15, 2012
SE Melb, Victoria
What do the readers think of one of these? $400 for the very few times it would be used - perhaps a sealable hole through the floor of the van where the duct could run to. The unit under the van out of the weather, gas supply from an existing gas bayonet. A few downsides to it - would have to get in & out of the van to turn it on/off etc.. battery recharged via a small invertor. DOS
https://www.snowys.com.au/ducted-camping-heater

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Cool little unit. It's quite a low output which I suspect would cause it to struggle in the very conditions you would want it most. With higher heat output complete diesel heater kits for less than $400 it would be a bit of a fingers crossed gamble

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
I'm intrigued but the lack of remote operation puts me off. I mean if I have to get out of the camper to turn it off, kind of defeats the purpose. A simple timer shut off would even do the job.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I'm intrigued but the lack of remote operation puts me off. I mean if I have to get out of the camper to turn it off, kind of defeats the purpose. A simple timer shut off would even do the job.

If your going to do things "Camper Style" and need a heater then you really are in the wrong place or need a Van ...................... experience has shown me this a few times, camping in a tent in the Snow Season, Camper in Canberra in August, Tent in Duck Season in the Victorian Lakes District, young and stupid.............. sleeping in truck in Glenn Innes in July (old stupid).............