Gas Refill Prices

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The Gas Finder app and others don't enjoy the updating like the fuel apps do.
Yesterday I got my bottles refilled in Maryborough QLD at the Origin Depot, $17 for an 8.5kg and thats refill or swap, they also have a loyalty card with every 6th bottle free.
2 bottles filled for $34 certainly a bargain as one would have cost that much in Tin Can Bay.............

I think it applies at the Gympie Origin Depot so may also be available at others, might pay to check depots next time you pass one.

Any other places that have good prices ??????? 1550807799733985248936.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Anaconda still has it's 9kg bottle refills for $19.95, for members and joining is pretty painless...........................cheaper than Bunnings but you may find BCF with similar refill prices.

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
If you check the gasbottles refill site and follow the directions, you can get gas refills at Anaconda for $15.

https://gasbottlerefills.com

cheers
Mike

Absolutely correct Mike @mikerezny . Just got one of my 9kg bottles filled at Anaconda for $15.00 and you do not even have to be a Club member. However, you must produce the correct bar code which they scan so you can get the refill at that price. The full details are on the web site Mike has listed above. I just printed out the whole 3 pages and placed them in a plastic envelope and have it attached to next bottle to be filled. Smart people can even record the bar code on their phones as per the web site. Normal price at Anaconda is $19.95 so worth the saving if close by. Cheapest rate that I know of in Brisbane area. Bunnings "swap and go" is $27.50 I think, and garages here are dearer still.

Reactions: mikerezny

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
Another trick is to head to coles express with your 4c off voucher and an empty fuel tank. You fill up and swap your gas bottle. Because you have spent money in the store you get another 10c a litre off - which for me can be nearly $10 (plus the $4) and that is like getting your refill at 20 ish bucks

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The Anaconda Gas Refill code is 9341235325874 , if you have an app like Stocard for your loyalty cards on your phone just put the number and its there to be scanned ........saves hassle...the website states available at 41 stores, last check there are 50 in the country so should be lucky......if away from the coast they are rare.

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Another trick is to head to coles express with your 4c off voucher and an empty fuel tank. You fill up and swap your gas bottle. Because you have spent money in the store you get another 10c a litre off - which for me can be nearly $10 (plus the $4) and that is like getting your refill at 20 ish bucks
My understanding was that you only got another 4c off if you spend $5 or more instore. Has that changed recently?

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
The Anaconda Gas Refill code is 9341235325874 , if you have an app like Stocard for your loyalty cards on your phone just put the number and its there to be scanned ........saves hassle...the website states available at 41 stores, last check there are 50 in the country so should be lucky......if away from the coast they are rare.
Some Anaconda stores are not located in a premises where they can legally refill gas cylinders. For instance, the Anaconda down the road from us is just a store in a shopping complex.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Some Anaconda stores are not located in a premises where they can legally refill gas cylinders. For instance, the Anaconda down the road from us is just a store in a shopping complex.

Exactly but you would be some sort of nutter if you wandered thru a shopping centre with a gas bottle, the one at Tuggeronong comes to mind then again there are some strange people loose on this planet.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikerezny

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
@mikerezny it could have dropped from 10c as I haven't used coles to swap gas this year. It comes up if I google it though
My apologies, you are indeed correct! If you spend $20 in store you get an extra 10c off per litre.
It has been a long time since I bought fuel from Coles. They seem to always be much more expensive than other servos, especially Caltex / Woolworths.

cheers
Mike

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Plus their Flybuys Fuel specials seem to only apply to petrol not diesel so give them a miss .
Hi,
Here is a except from the Coles terms and conditions for fuel discounts:

One receipt or voucher entitles you to a discount off the pump price of fuel, whether LPG, diesel or petrol,

Which is what I always understood.

cheers
Mike

pauljygrant

Apr 1, 2015
Adelaide
Hi,
Here is a except from the Coles terms and conditions for fuel discounts:

One receipt or voucher entitles you to a discount off the pump price of fuel, whether LPG, diesel or petrol,

Which is what I always understood.

cheers
Mike
The shopper docket applies to petrol and diesel but the additional/ occasional flyby discounts are usually only for petrol. Ie to be used in addition to the Coles 4c deal.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thats correct @pauljygrant here's a bit from the relavant email...

" Choose 20 POINTS or 10 cents off per litre when you fill up at Shell Coles Express!

*Excludes LPG and Diesel purchases
Offer valid Thu 18 Apr to Wed 24 Apr 2019

When they first started doing it a year or so back I nearly got sucked in with an empty tank but since they are normally 10c or more dearer for diesel than anywhere else I give them a miss and doubt their swap bottles would be any better in price.............No Coles to shop at so never see their dockets.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Wandering around Maryborough QLD, need some LPG well Bunnings has swaps for $16.99 and if that spooks you a refill of your bottle at Fraser Coast Gas is $22............... the Origin Depot is still closed for retail gas fills.