Gas Certificate ?

kolega

Jan 16, 2012
Folks I am adding a toolbox to my Drawbar and looking at putting teh GAs Bottles in the Toolbox.

Should I also move the Regulator inot the Toolbox or is it safer to leave the regulator attached outside at the back of the toolbox?

Currently the Regulator is connected to the gas bottles by Solid Copper pipe, if I change this to Braide line between the Bottle and regulator so I can have better flexibility will this causes issues and would I need to get another Plumbers Gas Certificate issued?

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi kolega,

If it was me I'd use flexible braided line like you said and run it through a rubber grommet and mount your reg outside either on back of box or on chassis where it will be protected. I wouldn't bother with cert just check with soapy water for leaks.

Cheers.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Sometimes a grey area. If you altered the gas installation in anyway I would say easier to be on the safe side and get an inspection done by a local gasfitter and keep a copy of his invoice/report. If you have to alter the outlet pipe of the regulator, then answer would be yes.

You could call ESV (Energy Safe Vic') and tell them what your plans are. They will give you the final say on what you can do.

A new certificate is not that big a deal. They cost $30 plus gasfitters time and he may decide it does not need one. The thing with the certificate is it is also an insurance policy. In the scheme of what we spend, it is money well spent. Maybe at the same time if you need an extra bayonet etc done you could get it done at the same time.

This information is only valid for Victoria so I'm going off memory that you are from Vic'.

Cheers Geoff