Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
21231.jpg

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Taken recently on Fraser.

View attachment 57622
I thought Toyotas could carry more than a tent tray, and push bike. My mistake. I like that trailer tho, just a bit low in the front.

(Theyll be non Toyota owners saving the photo in their 1000s ... poised to re-post at the mere hint of any future claims of Toyota best on ground glory. Ha)

DaveR

Mar 13, 2017
Gold Coast
I was looking at those Black Series campers at a recent show and was amazed at the incredibly heavy ball weight!

IMPORTANTLY.
The ball weight quoted for that and similar campers is with nothing in the front boxes and a full water tank up back.
When the front has things like a fridge, cooking gear, camp chairs etc, it is added to the ball weight which for many 4wd's puts it way over the max ball weight limit.
A successful trip to fraser, the trip home has?
Full fridge of fish, empty water tank??
My Cousin hired one, and when loaded, couldn't get enough air into his prado air bags to level it, we wont mention the ride comfort because of this.

Reactions: Drover and bigcol

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I had a look at imported MDC Campers which were pretty good, but the Black Series are made here in Sydney, look great and well priced. They both put the gazillion dollar other campers into persective

Reactions: mfexpanda