Full oven upgrade

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Hi all
Anyone know what the rough retail is for upgrading to the full oven?

Also, anyone got the full oven and finds it useful/useless?

Wife is keen to get it and we figure we can use it for storage when not in use

Thanks

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
What we are going to do about this when our van arrives is replace the microwave oven with one that has grill and convection oven feature, we have one at home and use it heaps more than the huge smeg oven we paid a Damm fortune for. They are great, heat up quick, cook quick and you still got the storage drawers under the stover for your pots and pans.... Only downside is its not so good as a free camping option, but then we've got the webberQ for that, :)

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Jayco supplied our van with a convection microwave..........since given to some young friends as I don't use a microwave....
Oven or Weber for us....
Purely personal choice....
Cheers

Bill

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
What we are going to do about this when our van arrives is replace the microwave oven with one that has grill and convection oven feature, we have one at home and use it heaps more than the huge smeg oven we paid a Damm fortune for. They are great, heat up quick, cook quick and you still got the storage drawers under the stover for your pots and pans.... Only downside is its not so good as a free camping option, but then we've got the webberQ for that, :)
I'm pretty sure the standard microwave already is a convection oven.

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Hi All,

We have the full oven also..... Don't really notice the loss of the cupboard space there. Coming from an Eagle we seem to have more space now than we need.
It's also increases the menu options when you are camped without power.
We kept the microwave but only tend to use it for defrosting (when we have power)

Cheers,

Paul

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Thanks all for your comments. i hadnt thought about how useful it is for free camping! Anyobe know rough cost?

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Can't help with costs, but i wish we ordered one. We don't use the microwave much, as you can't if you are free camping (without a genie).

Our in-laws have one and can cook up a storm in the van when free camping, also handy when the weather is foul.

kimlouise

Jan 19, 2012
Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
We chose to replace the microwave with the oven...post signing the paperwork. The dealer added $200 to the cost of the van. (probably would not have cost any extra if we asked for the change over before we signed on the dotted line!) We have a full price list somewhere, I will attempt to find the actual cost of the oven for you.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
We chose to replace the microwave with the oven...post signing the paperwork. The dealer added $200 to the cost of the van. (probably would not have cost any extra if we asked for the change over before we signed on the dotted line!) We have a full price list somewhere, I will attempt to find the actual cost of the oven for you.
Thanks Kimlouise

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
I have a feeling the cost varies from place to place. Ours cost $450 for the oven but we kept the microwave. If you have not signed for one, then I would go back to your dealer with a priority list and see what you can get added for the price you wish to pay. that price needs to be a couple of grand under what you are willing to pay. We managed to get about $5000 worth of extras for $500.

Are We There Yet?

Jun 24, 2011
Vic
We have the oven and it was approx $450 extra. It's handy to have for the kids food such as chips, chicken nuggets etc.
We now have a weber Baby Q and could probably manage without an oven, so I don't think it's really a necessity unless you are going to use it a lot. It also takes longer to cook food than our oven at home because it isn't fan forced and I find we have to turn it up to the highest setting.

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
I used to love cooking pizzas in the oven in our old van. Unfortunately our new/ second hand van only had the microwave. We now plan on doing alot of BBQ`s and wok meals. At least we can now cook the microwave packets of rice we had to cook at the camp kitchens.

Be good to have both microwave and full oven.