14' Series Front Bed end leaking

Oct 21, 2012
Hi all have a 14.44-4 and just got to destination after driving in rain all day when I went to set front bed up there was water everywhere around mattress anyone else had this and how did you fix thanks for any help

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Yes have had the same issue but not too bad. Ours was up the top passenger side. They realigned the bed end but did not do any driving in heavy rain from then.

Now though we have had the bed end replaced (fiberglass was bubbling) so time will tell if that has the same issue to occur.

BJ.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Try adjusting the locks, and has been mentioned on the forum previously smear some vasoline on the body where the seal should seat, close the lid and check the vasoline transfer to ensure you have a 100% seal all the way around.

With our 2009 HL, i found the lid seal in the corner of the closed lid didnt meet the moulded body, ie in the corners with the lid shut i could easily push anything flat past the seal, because the seal missed the body in the corners. The rain and road grime would blow in thru the corners.

I had Jayco grind out the seal lip on the lid just in the corners and refit the seal. After that it didnt leak again thru those corners. It still leaked thru the hinge, that would puddle in the folded up bed end, but that never really got into the bedding.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
While I don't have a front bed end, you have to figure out exactly where the leak is from, otherwise your just poking around in the dark.
Make sure the area is clean and dry then with a cloth that has a very,very light covering of cooking oil ( a chux with a quick spray of oil) wipe over the area where it seals, you only need a smear, then give the area a sprinkle of talc powder enough so you can see it, it should stick to the smeared oil. Run a blue chalk stick over the rubber seal and close the lid, open up and you should have a nice unbroken blue line where the seal is against the body, if not thats a possible leak area...............But wait, don't touch anything, your not finished......close the lid after marking the bad spots then hose down the outside, just as if it's raining at 80kph, open up and have a look, leaks should show up as snail trails in the talc powder.
Using builders line marking powder which is coloured is better.

There's probably other ways to check but this is an old and easy way.
Failing that gaffer tape is only $4 a roll.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Also don't forget the lid may move a bit with flex etc when driving. Its a big lid with little securing points. So also adjust the lid catches to make sure the seal is getting a bit compressed and within reason as to not cause damage.

I did this with mine and with success.