Fridge issues in Expanda

Disco Panda

Jan 14, 2012
Perth, WA
Hi, a couple of days ago my Fridge stopped working on AC (had been running fine for last month)
i have listed below all the thinks that i have tried
Fridge on Gas works no problem
Checked AC power cord to fridge
Plugged fridge into extension lead and different power point
Check Fuses in black panel area (no mention of fridge fuse)

I have read others having issue with selector ie AC DC GAS switch but haven't touched this and seems strange to have stopped working..

Any help would be great

Thanks

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Hi there d p out fridge decided to stop working as well we ended taking it to our dometic agent and yes the rotary switch had given up $390 later shes a goer again

cheers russell

Alan

Feb 3, 2012
Altona Vic
Hi, a couple of days ago my Fridge stopped working on AC (had been running fine for last month)
i have listed below all the thinks that i have tried
Fridge on Gas works no problem
Checked AC power cord to fridge
Plugged fridge into extension lead and different power point
Check Fuses in black panel area (no mention of fridge fuse)

I have read others having issue with selector ie AC DC GAS switch but haven't touched this and seems strange to have stopped working..

Any help would be great

Thanks

If it is under warranty ring the dealer, if not i think Dometic is across from you near Waverly. I took my old Dove there some years ago.

taje00

Feb 5, 2012
Sutherland Shire NSW
Hi There Disco Panda,
I to had problems with our fridge not working on AC from the very beginning, Jayco couldn't have tested my fridge at all and I took it to a Dometic repairer under warranty they checked the element and said it was fine then they found the fuel selector switch to be faulty they replaced it and said should be fine all working. We then went away and low and behold it didn't work so back to the repairer and this time I left it for over a week with them and told them to keep it until they were positive it was right. I went back about a week and a half later and they had it there running to show me. This time again they replaced the fuel selector switch. Now with this new switch you can really feel it click into each method of power. It has been fine since then. One thing that did happen, the first time I got it fixed they slightly damaged the lino floor and when I told them they basically said if Jayco didn't make the gap the fridge goes into so tight we could have got the fridge out easier. On the second time they were very careful and but a skinny piece of timber down before they pulled it out. So make sure you tell them to be careful when they pull the fridge out or your new floor will get damaged. The fridge has worked fine since but it does struggle on hot days if you open it a lot, but I think that is the nature of these type of fridges.
Regards and good luck with the fridge.
Terry
These picture are of the fuel selector switch from above and the side.
Photo 1 the top of the fridge, the fuel selector switch is under the grey cover on the left.
Photo 2 above closeup of the switch
photo 3 side view
011220101923 (Large).jpg011220101928 (Large).jpg011220101924 (Large).jpg

Reactions: Disco Panda

taje00

Feb 5, 2012
Sutherland Shire NSW
You also could have just blown the 240v element, that's probably the first thing the service bloke will check. They can change this while you wait its a quick job.
Terry

Disco Panda

Jan 14, 2012
Perth, WA
Ok Well slid fridge out it out 15cm to access the fuel selector all tested ok, removed the bottom vent to search for the 240volt element (had to google what the element looks like and download service manual) removed and as per service manual tested with
multimeter and no go, quick trip to local caravan dealer and $95 later new element installed and waited...................fridge all working perfectly, whilst there fixed my awning problem. thanks again to all for suggestions.