Fly screen buttons

NCarey

Dec 8, 2012
All, not sure what they are called, I heard bullet buttons or just plain old buttons, but the things you attach the fly screens around the outside of the beds, some are very hard to close when you press down on, any tricks???

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Yep they are one size too big, I found the ratio countersunk but a gauge size smaller (6g?) and refitted them. Most went in and torqued up but the odd one that didn't I just jammed a BBQ bamboo squewer in the hole and refitted the screw. Clips are prefect now.

Reactions: Antman

NCarey

Dec 8, 2012
excellent, so I am not going mad after all, I have its first service coming soon, should I flag it as an issue...

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
excellent im not imagining it either. I will be fixing this.
Whilst on the subject, does any know if you can get this as double sided? I want to make a clear plastic one to go between the flyscreen and the canvas to prevent any rain coming in.
Cheers
Ants

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Ants lots of different things have been done. The trick is that you can't hang too much weight of the original clips. Theywon't take it even after you have fixed the screws, I even tried adding more. I ended up fitting sail track.

NCarey

Dec 8, 2012
mates in coffs canvas in coffs harbour have some options, they have a site, drop them a line and they will respond with specifics

NCarey

Dec 8, 2012
excellent im not imagining it either. I will be fixing this.
Whilst on the subject, does any know if you can get this as double sided? I want to make a clear plastic one to go between the flyscreen and the canvas to prevent any rain coming in.
Cheers
Ants
contact Cootay, he is a member and I met him last weekend in Kiama, he made his own, outstanding..