Fly curtains

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Has anyone made any fly curtains at all for the main door, or knows were to purchase them from?

These curtains are so you can leave your caravan door open and the flys dont get in or the mozzies.

This saves opening and shutting the fly screen door all of the time.

:pray2:

Thanks

Skip

WA

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
The likes of Bunnings have the vertical plastic strip things (like on the ones on a fish n chip shop) readily available. From memory they had varying thicknesses. Theoretically, it should be possible to cut the width down to suit and fit on the inside wall.....
Otherwise, maybe a sheet of plastic (decorative, clean or plain), a shower curtain or shade cloth cut into strips and a bracket fitted to the top edge.

18.jpg

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Don't quite understand why you want one but a very nice lady made me one for my old Hawk camper. She custom makes them to suit your needs and size.

http://www.countrycamper.com.au/ind...&category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3

Honesty opening and closing a fly screen door is much easier. But each to their own:thumb:

On an interesting side note i just discovered she makes a clear plastic window replacement for the poptop roof to let light but not rain into the camper in winter. $62, think i might try one!

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Hey Moto Moto

Those screens aren't exactly what I am looking for but they will do the job and they are quite cheap too.

When you have got young kids going in and out all the time using the door to support themselves in and out of the van, eventually something will break or bend. Or kids being kids just leave the door open.

My Mrs made the clear plastic window replacements, with the clear plastic and velcro from spotlight, all up for all for about $30, and they work really well.

In winter you can have the sun and light coming in and it keeps the heat in and the cold wind out. In summer you can also have the light and keep the cool of the aircon in.

But the best part you can remove them and put them on easily enough to suit any condition.

Skip
WA

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Hey Moto Moto

Those screens aren't exactly what I am looking for but they will do the job and they are quite cheap too.

When you have got young kids going in and out all the time using the door to support themselves in and out of the van, eventually something will break or bend. Or kids being kids just leave the door open.

My Mrs made the clear plastic window replacements, with the clear plastic and velcro from spotlight, all up for all for about $30, and they work really well.

In winter you can have the sun and light coming in and it keeps the heat in and the cold wind out. In summer you can also have the light and keep the cool of the aircon in.

But the best part you can remove them and put them on easily enough to suit any condition.

Skip
WA

Sounds perfect skip, need to do something similar soon!

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Thanks for that link moto just ordered a jayco jocket for mothers day present. that ought to keep me in the good books. :)

Nice work boots, must keep the mothers of the world happy.

Since this cold snap hit here i'm thinking of ordering the clear poptop window replacement myself.

I love how these really old threads pop up every now and then, and become useful again to someone else.

neoanderson004

Aug 22, 2012
There are many options available over the Internet. Use Google. You can find top results there and from there you can choose the best for your website.

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Thanks for that link moto just ordered a jayco jocket for mothers day present. that ought to keep me in the good books. :)
Hi Boots, i was wondering what a jocket was? had a look at the site and realised that it was similar to what i use which is a rear car seat organizer for $10 from Super Cheap, i hang it at the rear of the bed and there is heaps of room for books, torch perhaps some sneaky snacks and anything else!!
Cheers