First trip

benandjordansmum

Feb 8, 2012
Logan Village, Qld
We headed out on our maiden voyage in our 2010 16.49.1 OB over the easter break. We headed to Paradise Valley, just over the border into New South Wales, on Thursday lunch time until Monday afternoon. We were regular campers, with our ally camper, but having the Expanda just made it so much more relaxing. The weekend before going we had installed a 120 amp battery, LED lights, 12 volt water pump, and extra water tank and an RV panel which monitored the battery and tanks. We had problems with out 12 volt pumping water properly, it was spitting and carrying on and the pump wouldn't turn off....hopefully it won't take too long to figure out what the problem was with that. Our battery still had plenty of life left in it and that was even using a TV to watch DVD's one night and charging 4 Iphones every day. The ground was a little uneven but we managed to level ourselves quite well. One thing that did freak us out a bit when laying in bed was when the kids moved down the other end, it was like a water bed and we had a fair bit of movement...is this normal? The guy we bought the expanda off had told us that he was told not to put too much pressure on the alko drop down legs as they break. How do you know what is the right pressure - is it when you can see it physically moving the van?

Oh, while I think about it, after reading almost, all of the forum...hehehe...for everyones advice and comments..., I paid particular interest in the fuel consumption whilst we were driving there. We have a Landcruiser Sahara V8 auto petrol and it is quite thirsty, 15lts/100kms, it is quite a hilly drive and we used the gears up and down the windy/hilly roads. I watched the consumption jump to 22.5 lts/100kms.

I will include some piccies of our trip...we are hopefully heading back there again over the May day long weekend!

hmmm...may need to add them underneath...better read up on how to add them!!