External TV aerial port - TV not tuning

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
Hey Guys,

As the title suggests. I have only ever tried to use the external aerial port once before. At that point i could not tune the TV but figured it was something i was doing wrong.

Again i am at a park that has supplied me an aerial cable. I have plugged into the van and cannot tune my TV to it. Makes no difference whether the booster is on or off, it will still not tune (suggest off is the correct position). The cable and tune is good as when i remove all van stuff and go straight into the TV we can tune fine. It has to be something with the van, but not sure what.

Short of stripping the van, i am not really sure how it is done. But i am thinking a warrantee based problem, unless i have missed something. Up until now, i have no issues tuning the TV when working off the roof mounted aerial.

Any thoughts?

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
Yep, nothing on both. But when direct into tv only tunes on digital.

This kind of stuff does not normally beat me, but as I am away I cannot be bothered chasing it. I have a few warrentee things as a result of this trip so unless it is simple they can sort it out.

Reactions: foreveryoung

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I would unscrew the aerial points on the van just to see if something has come loose, but apart from that, it does sound like an issue with the line in your van.
I am assuming you are plugging into the point on the side of the van as opposed to using the antenna on your roof?

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I have had a look behind my booster setup once before. There were multiple antenna cables coming into that point. I would check there as well as the point on the side of your van.

icetechaus

Nov 21, 2012
My van was second hand and when I unscrewed the antenna socket on the side I found there was no cable connected. I don't know if it was a factory stuff up or the original owner cut it aaay for some reason.

Parks

Mar 7, 2013
I would check the connection to the van mine was dodgy from the factory crushed coax cable.

Macca666

Jan 21, 2015
Echuca, Vic
Wow it seems that they still haven't fixed this issue as I got my panda last week and have found that I can't tune my T.V. Through the external antenna point. I am in a small town where I need to have a huge antenna so I can't even check to see if the wyngard antenna works. This is very frustrating when we are needing to live in it for a few months and I have an aerial coming through the window and straight into the T.V. I hope they can fix it in one day when we go in for a service

Justin

Feb 1, 2015
Melbourne
Hi
I had a reciption issue on my 2014 swan outback !! I checked all points and found the coax wasn't terminated properly , And the outer shield was cut all the way through !!!
I Re terminated and solved the problem .. Maybe a good place to start !! Good luck
Justin

Reactions: Macca666

David Carpenter

Nov 9, 2014
Just found the same problem in my new Expanda Outback. First connection from the roof the Coax connection was the incorrect size connector for the cable size. I will need to buy a new connector tomorrow

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
they wired ours backwards when we got it so I ran a multi meter and swapped them over. So could be that easy or not :) With ours eventually after going back 3-4 times they think the break is in the roof now.. Have had a new roof on order since March.
Our TV works sometimes for a day or so to the wind shakes the van then it goes :(

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
We had the same problem with our 14.44-4ob when we bought it. Turned out to be the internal wall plate which switches on the antenna amp. Replaced by coast under warranty and all was good until we sold the caravan. I removed mine and sent it to coast to be tested. They found it was faulty are sent a replacement. Good luck.
Cheers
Nick