14' Series External speaker/light

JBTZ14

Sep 24, 2014
Ballarat
Hi all just a quick mod I did over the weekend. Remove external light and replaced it with a RV Media Bluetooth speaker with integrated LED light.
Very easy to do just cut the old one off join the new one on a bit of silicon few new screws
Job done.
Works great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 318

JBTZ14

Sep 24, 2014
Ballarat
Hi, Caravansplus.com.au $180 plus postage. Can get it in Black or White. The sound is good you can fine tune the sound setting on your phone.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Hi, Caravansplus.com.au $180 plus postage. Can get it in Black or White. The sound is good you can fine tune the sound setting on your phone.

Was wondering if you could clarify it's operation for me/us? So is there a switch to isolate the speakers or does the light switch inside turn both on and off at the same time? Was wondering as on the website with the demo's there doesn't seem to be anything that stops others tapping into the speaker when you're not using it.

JBTZ14

Sep 24, 2014
Ballarat
Was wondering if you could clarify it's operation for me/us? So is there a switch to isolate the speakers or does the light switch inside turn both on and off at the same time? Was wondering as on the website with the demo's there doesn't seem to be anything that stops others tapping into the speaker when you're not using it.

Hi, thought the same thing but after testing it over the weekend no one else was able to log into it while it was connected to my device. The light switch in the van turns on the device and the switch on the unit turns on the light. For someone else to log in I need to disconnect my device and turn the power switch in the van off/on to reset it then it can be found by others. So I guess if someone wanted to they could but they also would need to be with in 10m of your van as it only has a sort Bluetooth range. It's not a perfect unit in that regard should have a pin, but for what it is I'm happy with it.

I hope that helps

Last edited:
Reactions: Smergen

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Spot on mate, really appreciate the feedback. Not to worried, just wanted to make sure I could isolate it so it wasn't subjected to pranksters... :)

Showed the Minister for Domestic Affairs and she was pretty keen, so I think we might pull the trigger on this one. Now just to have a look around on the website to see if there's anything else I "need".

Reactions: JBTZ14

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Hey @JBTZ14 ... pulled the pin on one of these when I saw it on special at BCF for $150. Was going to install it tonight but was a tad windy and wet out our way. Did you have much difficulty getting the existing light off?

JBTZ14

Sep 24, 2014
Ballarat
Hey @JBTZ14 ... pulled the pin on one of these when I saw it on special at BCF for $150. Was going to install it tonight but was a tad windy and wet out our way. Did you have much difficulty getting the existing light off?
Hi mate, good deal at BCF we are realy happy with ours. No problems getting the old one off just lots of silicon to cut away. Good luck and enjoy the tunes.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Hi mate, good deal at BCF we are realy happy with ours. No problems getting the old one off just lots of silicon to cut away. Good luck and enjoy the tunes.

Awesome to hear mate. Hopefully I don't have to dodge any wires or the like. Just going to use existing hole as a guide...

JBTZ14

Sep 24, 2014
Ballarat
Awesome to hear mate. Hopefully I don't have to dodge any wires or the like. Just going to use existing hole as a guide...
I found the hole that Jayco had cut was more the enough to fit the wire joiners and plenty of length of wire. All in all took less than 20mins.