Extended drawbar

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi turtle,

If you made one end longer then that would give you a greater mechanical advantage so it would take less effort to push/pull so wouldn't that mean that there was less weight on the end?

Cheers
Burnsy

Pieter

Sep 1, 2011
Tieri, QLD, Australia
When we bought our van Nov last year we paid $200 for the 300mm extension onb the draw bar.
This was my dealers response to me at the time.
"You are looking at $200.00 for the draw bar extension."

seanparky

Jul 19, 2012
Brisbane
I know this is an old thread. I was wondering with the extended draw bar option and have noticed people putting on tool boxes how do you go with the added weight on the bar and ball. Also does it effect your reversing.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I know this is an old thread. I was wondering with the extended draw bar option and have noticed people putting on tool boxes how do you go with the added weight on the bar and ball. Also does it effect your reversing.

Yes it ads weight but if you relocate spare to the rear it helps offset it a bit. Reversing it is much slower to come around but also less likley to get into a jack knife postion.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Hi turtle,

If you made one end longer then that would give you a greater mechanical advantage so it would take less effort to push/pull so wouldn't that mean that there was less weight on the end?

Cheers
Burnsy

HI there Burnsy, you are right about the mechanical advantage of the extension, but that is negated by the fact that there is an extra 30cm of steel added to the front, plus they, being Jayco, also move the spare wheel further forward, hence adding extra weight to the down ball, in my case it was about 30kg extra.