Just Browsing extended draw bar

Ben Stanford

Feb 23, 2014
Sunbury, Vic
I have a 17.56-1, 2014 model with the extended draw bar, towed by the 3l Diesel Patrol. I have a 2 inch left in the patrol, with heavy duty springs to assist with the weight of towing the van when car is packed too. I was told its in my best interest to still use the weight distribution system, even with ESC. I have it set up so that when the weight distribution is on the rear of the car drops 2mm. I am unsure about any weight gain on the ball at this point.

Ben Stanford

Feb 23, 2014
Sunbury, Vic
My van has spent more time in the service centre then is has on the road! The fridge didn't work from day 1, but Advantage Caravan Repair, in Campbellfield have been troubleshooting everything and have hopefully found the problem and got it all sorted. So hopefully I will get it out on the road tomorrow for the weekend away. I put the ESC on for peace of mind when I drive, but especially for long trips, when I head up north and I'm passing roadtrains and the like!

Ben Stanford

Feb 23, 2014
Sunbury, Vic
Advantage Caravan Repairers here in Melbourne have been great in fixing the fridge and getting it all sorted even though it was only a warrenty claim. Definately recommend them! Good luck with your pending arrival Bluey.