16' Series Expanding as i get Older !

Watchmymuvie

Sep 20, 2011
Orange N.S.W. Australia.
G'day All,
This seems like a Great Forum. So Here I am !
I'm Bob and this is my Rig 16.49-30B
In 2009 I picked up the Expanda on ebay, 4 months old and saved almost $10,000.oo compared with a new one.
It was ready to go. awning, annex, twin deep battery's, shaving foam, even new sheets (still in the pack) The only thing it doesn't have is solar.
I was lucky in the Right place at Right time ,I made an offer and i was lucky !
Mind you i Did have to travel 1200K's to pick it up and 1500K's return. That was our first holiday in it.
Happy Holidays, Cheers Bob.

21-11-09_rtn 1st.jpg

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Welcome Bob, i love reading those bargain hunt stories. You must have been stoked that they accepted your offer:whoo:

Watchmymuvie

Sep 20, 2011
Orange N.S.W. Australia.
Cheers Bob,

Nice set up, have you got solar yet

No Solar as yet, I haven't needed extra power to this point. I already have a small Petrol Generator which i take just in case, but never had to use.

One Battery did drop down to the point where the regulator shut the power off, which was over winter I forgot to turn off the 4 roof lights. More than 2 Months turned "ON", but I'm not sure how long. This was after a camped trip off-grid is 6 nights and I didn't know you needed to have the battery switch "ON" to charge the Battery when connected to power. So I'm not sure how long it had been since the last charge the Battery received.
I was going to get rid of the battery because it didn't charge at all after a day with the Van plugged in, its only lucky i noticed the Voltage jump up when i flicked the battery switch "ON" .
If only i had been on this forum Back then, as i did notice a thread relating to this problem.

That's a Lesson Learned .