Expanda Prices Secondhand

Robjule

Sep 11, 2012
Drouin, Victoria
Hi there we are only new to this forum and we are just after a bit of assistance if anyone could help??

We are looking to upgrade to a Jayco Expanda Outback 17.56.2. Our current Jayco Hawk Outback has finally run out of room with 3 kids, and is time to change. We have come across a couple of local ones for sale and are wondering on prices for second hand for a 2012 model with nearly all the options included (only thing being is they don't have an annex just a pull out awning).

Have searched all the normal camping and caravaning websites to try and obtain a comparable price to pay but most of these are with dealers and Jayco is now having a new sale on runout models for 2012.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks Robjule

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
Have a look in the for sale section at the bottom of the home page, there is a good 2012 one for sale there. It only got posted a few days ago
cheers

acmackie

Apr 19, 2012
Glenmore Park
Hi Robjule
I might have one for sale come Feb next year. Just picked it up a month ago, but now work has asked me if I can transfer to Beijing for 2 years. Not for sale yet, but I'll put it out there for anyone looking for new/near new soon. For info - before buying mine, I found new was cheaper than advertised secondhand prices for the 17.56 models, but for new you normally need to wait at least 3 months.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Hi Robjule
I might have one for sale come Feb next year. Just picked it up a month ago, but now work has asked me if I can transfer to Beijing for 2 years. Not for sale yet, but I'll put it out there for anyone looking for new/near new soon. For info - before buying mine, I found new was cheaper than advertised secondhand prices for the 17.56 models, but for new you normally need to wait at least 3 months.

Oh no, seriously? You only just got it!

acmackie

Apr 19, 2012
Glenmore Park
Oh no, seriously? You only just got it!

Yes, bit sad, but not 100% confirmed yet. And to think I was planning 3 months away in it from April next year! Anyway still got trip to Toowoomba in a month, and some long weekends planned in it. But can't justify having over $40k sitting in a shed for 2 years not being used. Should know by mid October if confirmed or not.

Sid and Co

Sep 8, 2012
Hi Robjule - We have just been through exactly the same scenario as you. Jayco Hawk too small and decided to upgrade.

We looked at several second hand 16's and 17's (although the 17's were alot harder to find) and ultimately decided to buy new. Initially we were prepared to pay up to $40 k for something second hand. Trouble is we were unable to find exactly the right configuration, colours, extras etc. - and concluded that for an extra $5k + we could get exactly what we wanted. We have gone for the 17.56.1 OB model.

Also being from Perth we did not have the quantity of available 2nd hand vans for sale on the East Coast. Our purchase was also partly motivated by the fact we want to travel for the Christmas break - so have placed order so we have the van in time. We also concluded that the Jayco Expandas really hold there value over time so it was not like our investment would drop significantly or immediately in value.

The few vans that I have seen on this site seem to be excellent value however.

So whilst the extra money was of some concern - we believe that the gains in getting exactly what we wanted was worth it. Hope that helps !?

Cheers Sid

Robjule

Sep 11, 2012
Drouin, Victoria
Thanks for your comments, have not had a chance to get on for a while. However we decided to take the plunge and have purchased brand new from Jayco's recent sale. Have taken pocession of our van and now looking forward to a short trip to Bright (vic) to try out. regards Julie