16' Series Expanda Pop top roof lighting issues

Wes78a

Dec 29, 2018
Caringbah
Hi all I had a look through this forum but couldnt find anyone with the same problem I have 2015 16.49 off-road expanda with roof lighting issues the lights are all working but seem to be in a low power mode letting off a very dim light, roof aircon is working fine, fuses are fine, outside lights are fine,bed end lights are fine just the 3 roof lights with the problem

icetechaus

Nov 21, 2012
Are they halogen or Led? Ideally the next step is to use a multimeter and make sure you have 12v at each of the light fittings. If they are halogen check to see if the bulbs are going black. The darker the bulb the lower the light.

Reactions: Buc66

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If you haven't a multi meter have a look at the back of the switch to make sure the wires are actually tight in the switch socket if so then check the back of the first light in the series, if a wire has a poor connection it could cause dim lights....................

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Hi Wes78a ... curious as to whether you identified what the problem was and if there was a solution ?

I think he was a one hit wonder, asks a question but never returns again............... some of these set ups you need to tap the button/indentation on light cover a couple of times , each tap will change the brilliance.

Oct 16, 2015
Melbourne
I think he was a one hit wonder, asks a question but never returns again............... some of these set ups you need to tap the button/indentation on light cover a couple of times , each tap will change the brilliance.

Hey Drover - all good. Ended up finding out the issue with mine. Had water damage leak into the roof through the sun roof seal. Must have been something that had been existing for a long while. Ended up having to rip the internal roof off and found a heap of corroded joins all through the wiring for each of the 3 lights. Amazing the lights worked as long as they did.