14' Series Expanda newbies

spiderpig

Nov 7, 2015
Canberra
Hi All,

This is our first venture into the caravan world, we have been looking for one for a while and wasn't sure which way to go, whether to go the camper trailer or pop top like a swan etc but decided on something a bit easier to setup as after speaking to a few friends and people who had been down the path already they pretty much all said they sold their pop top not long after owning it and went down the expanda/van path. Im sure they have their place but we have 2 very young bubs (One 19 months and one 4 months old) so i really couldn't be bothered spending all day setting up and packing up each time.

Have put a deposit down on a 2012 14.44 expanda outback bunk model, hopefully heading down to VIC in a week or 2 to pick it up :) Should be great for the family i think, first trip away will be up to woolgoolga for a couple of weeks over crissy/new years so keen to get it home and look over it, see if anything needs doing before we go away. Keen to here any first time tips from anyone.

We have a 2010 NT pajero for towing duties that we actually bought off another forum member here @achjimmy about 2.5 years ago i think. Its a great rig and hasn't missed a beat. Let me know when your selling you van jimmy ;)

Cheers

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
welcome @spiderpig

a 14", nice

once you get the bug on using the expanda, they are never quite big enough,
never quite carry enough,
or take you away long enough

you will love it

never be afraid to ask ANY kinds of questions
there is never a dumb question, only when its not asked

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hey mate glad to see you signed up! I am in the land of insulated vans at the moment but just noticed your post having a quick read before bed. You'll find just about everything for expandas here and sorry but the van ain't getting sold anytime soon. Glad the paj is gong strong, totally underrated beast the pajeros. Tell me how many ks and are the bfgs still on it?

spiderpig

Nov 7, 2015
Canberra
Thanks everyone, have plenty of questions thats for sure and have found heaps of useful tips/info here already.

Jim, Paj has just ticked over 112,000k's and i put 4 new BFG A/T's on it @ 110,000. So not sure how many k's that is all up out of them?

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Excellent buy!

We bought a 14" expanda with bunks. The best thing We've done and have never looked back.

Enjoy the van and happy and safe holidays.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
14 footer, go anywhere in comfort without the hassles.................you should have a ball and plenty of info here to make it even better.