Interior Expanda bed end weight limit?

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Cannot give you a definite limit but with myself and my wife weighing close to 200kgs it doesn't even give a hint of an issue.

I think they will be pretty robust but a more knowledgeable person on here will no doubt know.
BJ

Reactions: skippy and Patons
Hi, were still awaiting our Expanda, so I can't be much help, however, if the beds are supported by steel cables as Bank of Dad mentions, if you have the diameter of the wire, we can work out what weight it's rated for, if that helps?

Adding yr Hubby, Boy 10, Girl 5 and said fluffy Labrador to the bed would be a great myth busters moment!

Regards

Well, on a 5mm wire rope, without knowing how many strands, or how many wires in the strands, Bank of Dad is correct in saying it's not the wire rope that's a concern but what it attaches to. The wires breaking strain will be roughly 1800 kgs.

That's a lot of beer that Holden Man is going to have to consume to before attaining his myth buster moment!

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Well, on a 5mm wire rope, without knowing how many strands, or how many wires in the strands, Bank of Dad is correct in saying it's not the wire rope that's a concern but what it attaches to. The wires breaking strain will be roughly 1800 kgs.

That's a lot of beer that Holden Man is going to have to consume to before attaining his myth buster moment!

That will be interesting, @HiTech⚓️Mariner, will take some serious drinking to get there, might have to get Mrs HM to chip in as well!!

The tricky bit will be after physically finding out the SWL, will be asking the boss to get on the scales, that should be tricky.....:)

Last edited:

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
ah we have a tool box underneath as a saftey net, we also have some rubber on the said lid just in case it eventually makes it to the tool box, noticed there is a pattern of the tool box now appearing on said rubber mmmmm time for a diet me thinks lol

Reactions: Holden_man

billykidd

Apr 2, 2013
Brisbane
we saw two kids fall out of a bed on a jayco wind up, outback model ! They were wrestling on the bed and the Velcro Didnt hold. Long way down on one of those. Thankfully they were on the rear end, and didn't fall on the A frame, still the ground was pretty hard.

Reactions: Holden_man

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Having a three year old grandson that tags along we know exactly what you mean but what is worse is that he now realises he can reach the roof light from his "bed up high" as he calls it..... click "light on"... click "light off"... click "ooohhh pretty blue light"... click etc!!!