17' Series expanda 17.56-2 ob 2015 bed ends

vince

Jun 19, 2015
geelong
G'day to all members out there , I'm new to this forum and we are in the process of having our expanda being put together , we have been looking at the bed end covers that are made by valley canvas and they look great but we are unable to find any pics of them fitted to the 2015 model expanda as the hard tops are different to previous models as most would know , so what we are asking is has anyone out there had them fitted to a 2015 model yet with success , cheers Vince & Nicole

Reactions: bigcol

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Welcome to the forum @vince. I personally cant help with the BEFs. I dont recall if anyone has managed to get them on the new lids. Congrats on the new van, is thus your first van or are you doing the standard upgrade from camper/trailer.

Someone is likely to be along shortly to offer some info.

vince

Jun 19, 2015
geelong
Cheers crusty , yep doing the upgrade from an eagle ob 2009 mod to the expanda 17 foot can't wait until it's sitting in my shed and possibly do a mod or two before its first outing but would like the bed covers on before heading to porepunkah at Christmas

Reactions: Crusty181

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
not much help from me 2014 model but a very welcome to u , geelong nice place should come to beaufort with us u can easy find a thread for it nov 13 , 14

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
welcome to the forum @vince
sorry, I cannot help you with the BEF either, I have a 2013 16.49.1 (and the Jayco ones fit mine)

tell us all about how you managed to buy a new Expanda........
we love stories about camping
we love stories about your travels
we love to help you spend coin on modifications
and

most of all, we LOVE pictures..........
dont be shy, we are here to help..................

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
:welcome: @vince Also can't help with the bed ends but I have read that the original 2015 bed lids had issues and they are/have gone back to the older/flatter style so maybe able to sort something out if yours is built with the older style ones?

OH and as @bigcol we like :photo: ;) (Especially of how others/we help you spend your hard earned!

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@dagree from my understanding, which is limited, the poptops keep the new lids and the caravans go back to the old style.
That was the factory decision back in May with the first of the "new old lid full vans" handed over ...... but measuring in "Jayco decision time fudge factor", a month is an incredibly long time so many things could (and probably have) change back and forth upto 30 times (one change for each day of the month)

They designed and had manufactured some quiet nice Bed End Flies for the old lids (although they didn't quite fit properly, it was good attempt) ... then within a nano second they completely changed the lid design, but continued to sell the BEF that were designed for the completely different old lid. Then just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water, and order a van with a lovely BEF, they changed it again .... glad that was all over ... whoops, then when they thought maybe people were getting way to comfortable with the new new lid, they changed it again but this time backwards to an old design two designs old.

One would think the lid designer might yell out and say "Just for a laugh, Im gunna redesign the hardlids, don't worry Im not putting much thought into it, but is that going to bugger anything else up". The BEF designer could say "nic off, Ive just ordered a million BEF to fit the old lid which won't fit your stupid design".

Last edited:

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
This is a van that was delivered last week from Prestige and it has the new lids on the pop top.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: darcy305 and bigcol