Expanda 14.44-4....the wait is nearly over.

mattiebee99

Jul 22, 2013
Ok. I can't resist any longer. I've been patiently reading hundreds of posts from this fantastic forum for over 5 months now, jealously looking at pictures of their decked out expandas and getting ideas for mods. Thank you everyone. But today I have given in. I need this thing in my driveway now! Here is my story. A brief outline so far........
*Forced the wife to go camping melb cup weekend at Bright. What a place! Slept in 2 small tents. Shocked and dismayed, I find my wife is extremely relaxed and kids riding their bikes around the caravan park for 4 days straight! I take mental note of wife checking out some well sorted vans.
*Purchased massive tent dubbed 'the taj mahal' by mates. We go to lakes entrance for a week over Christmas. Spent 1/2 the week constructing and the next 1/2 dismantling. Stinking hot weather, the wife still enjoys herself. The jealously sets in when we are listening to air conditioners all night whilst we are sweating in our tent.
*March caravan and camping show at Caulfield race course. I reckon there was more people there than Caulfield cup day. Friends took us there for 'a look'. We wanted a small and manageable van with bunks for the kids. And at a reasonable price. Nothing comes close to the 14.44-4. The wife is noticably drawn to this van. We wheel, we deal, we make the purchase.... WOO HOO.
This is what we purchased,
14.44-4 expanda...100amp battery, 90watt solar, alko drop jacks, fiama bike rack,dinette table,tv mount, windgard antenna, radio with speakers,large fridge, roof mounted air con, external shower, 2 gas bottles, 2 82 lt tanks.
So the waiting game has been long and drawn. But it's nearly time. We have plenty of trips planned up to Easter and there will be plenty of pics. I can't wait. Sorry, 'we' can't wait. :)

Reactions: CJ1177 and jacbaz

mattiebee99

Jul 22, 2013
6th of September. Its been a long wait but its been good to get some sort of basic undestanding of what i need to do to prepare myself. Had some fun shopping at rv superstore. All i need now is real life experience (A lot of FAILS along the way I am sure).

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Ok. I can't resist any longer. I've been patiently reading hundreds of posts from this fantastic forum for over 5 months now, jealously looking at pictures of their decked out expandas and getting ideas for mods. Thank you everyone. But today I have given in.....I can't wait. Sorry, 'we' can't wait. :)
Hi @mattiebee99. Not long until 6th September.
(It's a pity you've crumbled so close to the finishing post 'cause there's a prize for the first person to buy an Expanda without needing to tell the world, who'll wait quietly and patiently for the delivery date, and then leave it mod-free, just as Jayco intended it.)
If it's any consolation you're among friends here and warmly welcomed.;)

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Congratulations and welcome to the forum @mattiebee99. Only a couple of weeks to go, then you and your wife will be able to show off your new toy to the other poor campers in tents. :D

Just get out and enjoy.

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Congrats. A few of these vans around now. I picked up ours Friday just gone. I am typing this lying in the bed. The missus and the kids just HAD to try it out!

Sounds like you have ticked the rig kind of boxes there with your options. The wait is a killer but I I am sure you will get there.

Welcome and enjoy!

BJ

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Oh no, not the 6th of September, heard that all deliveries that week will be postponed pending the out come of some election!

Just kidding, it will be worth the wait, and you will use it far more than the tents. Don't forget that it is obligatory to post up some pics on delivery day:applouse:

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new purchase. A fine model indeed if i do say so myself.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Welcome guys I hope you enjoy the van and the forum and let us know about the van and trips and we love pics!

mattiebee99

Jul 22, 2013
Thanks everyone. There will be plenty of pics posted. Lol @crackacoldie. If any political party attempts to derail my expanda delivery, there will be no vote from me!....@Bmhdg76, like you, can't wait to plug it in and sleep out the first night (in the driveway!).

mattiebee99

Jul 22, 2013
So we have finally got our baby panda in the driveway. And everything seems to be working as it should. Touch wood. Now we set up and get ready for our week long shakedown up yarrawonga in a couple of weeks.
Here's a pic. I will upload more soon...
image.jpg

Reactions: @nnie and Bmhdg76

mattiebee99

Jul 22, 2013
No mods at this stage. Want to make up some awning walls and potentially a tv mount for outside the van....@Brad, I picked it up from prestige jayco in Geelong. But I agree, it does resemble the bayswater jayco yard.

Aug 29, 2013
Warradale SA
So we have finally got our baby panda in the driveway. And everything seems to be working as it should. Touch wood. Now we set up and get ready for our week long shakedown up yarrawonga in a couple of weeks.
Here's a pic. I will upload more soon...
View attachment 16801
Hi Mattie,

Great choice in van there mate, we've ordered the same van and have to wait until November, look forward to reading about your shakedown report.

Gavin

@nnie

Aug 17, 2013
Brisbane
Good choice!! We are picking up our new van next Saturday, for us the wait is excruciating!! Enjoy the new van.